roving tionol

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
ambaiste

roving tionol

Post by ambaiste »

Almost upon us. Thanks to NPU and Folkus sponsorships things are really going well. Just 2 places left to fill.
Looking forward to the week and the sessions with the local musicians.
buskerSean
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Post by buskerSean »

shame to miss it, I'm a big fan of Dermot Hyde (tutor) his band Pipeline are pretty impressive. Any online mp3's or myspace links?
Gullie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Gullie »

Thanks to Dermot Hyde and Brian Howard for an inspirational week of piping and reed making in such a beautiful location.
I’ll never be able to listen ‘Women of Ireland’ without remembering the duet you played on the last night.
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

Gullie wrote:I’ll never be able to listen ‘Women of Ireland’ without remembering the duet you played on the last night.
Was it that bad?? :boggle: :o :-?
Slán Go Foill
Uilliam
If ye are intersted in helping our cause to cure leprosy feel free to PM me.
Gullie

Post by Gullie »

Brought tears to my eyes.
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

yes I can believe it if these pictures of the audience and my dogs reaction are anything to go by.

Slán Agat
Uilliam
Last edited by Uilliam on Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beau Comiseau

Post by Beau Comiseau »

Uilliam, you are one funny dude! :thumbsup: :lol:
michael

Post by michael »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm new here but I have to see the funny side of that one. 10 out of 10.:thumbsup:
I hope the participants don't take offence.
Michael
true gods of sound and stone
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

michael wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm new here but I have to see the funny side of that one. 10 out of 10.:thumbsup:
I hope the participants don't take offence.
Michael
My dog did :wink: :love:
Slán Go Foill
Uilliam
teirw

roving tionol

Post by teirw »

In spite of Uilliams spiteful remarks it was a wonderful experience and everybody who did attend came away grateful for the care and attention received from both Brian and Dermot.The venue is truly beautiful and the acommodation and catering was outstanding.Even the absolute beginners left with a working reed made with their own fair hands and next years tionol should be even better.Why knock something you know absolutely nothing about?
Pazziato
antispam: No

"Get over yourself," said the Cheese Fairy to the

Post by Pazziato »

"Why knock something you know absolutely nothing about?"

The question you should be asking is: "How did I make it this far in life without a sense of humor?" :D
Nilihism is best left to the Professionals.
Beau Comiseau

Re: roving tionol

Post by Beau Comiseau »

teirw wrote:In spite of Uilliams spiteful remarks it was a wonderful experience and everybody who did attend came away grateful for the care and attention received from both Brian and Dermot.The venue is truly beautiful and the acommodation and catering was outstanding.Even the absolute beginners left with a working reed made with their own fair hands and next years tionol should be even better.Why knock something you know absolutely nothing about?
Did anyone else burst into tears? :sniffle:
Did anyone burst into flames? :devil:
Uilliam

Re: roving tionol

Post by Uilliam »

teirw wrote:In spite of Uilliams spiteful remarks it was a wonderful experience and everybody who did attend came away grateful for the care and attention received from both Brian and Dermot.The venue is truly beautiful and the acommodation and catering was outstanding.Even the absolute beginners left with a working reed made with their own fair hands and next years tionol should be even better.Why knock something you know absolutely nothing about?
Lighten up ,where was the spiteful remarks?I am sure it was wonderful for all concerned and I hope one day to attend mesel.. :wink: but only if ye get a sense o humour I wouldnae fancy a week withoot a bit o fun..teirw if ye think that was spiteful ye aint seen nothing yet :twisted:
Slán Agat
Uilliam at present on the dark side o piping
Kilkee

roving tionol and specsavers

Post by Kilkee »

Hi Uilliam You were right you about the amount of emotions we got this week. Only the emotion was positively directed, not sad. Indeed they were so strong that we all got tears in our eyes. So your assumption was wrong. It was one of the most cracking evenings I had.
In the mean time go to Specsavers Opticians get some new glasses because we were not talking about Women of Kosovo nor mixing Irish Women up with a wolf in Canada.

Some mp3 and Youtube

Dermot Hyde
http://www.pipeline-music.com/en/home/home.htm

playing flute and singing
http://www.musica-cubana.de/CMS/FILES/2 ... 0years.mp3

Women of Ireland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt8p5AxJn18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbC-jVSa4Qg
Beau Comiseau

Post by Beau Comiseau »

Kilkee, you all have made it abundantly clear that the cited performances caused audience members to burst into tears. :sniffle:

My question remains unanswered: did these performances induce anybody to burst into flames? :oops: 8) :x :devil: