I just want to say....

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
leremarkable

I just want to say....

Post by leremarkable »

Tarrraa Lurrvies,

even though this isn't just an American club, many here are, and I just want to let you know that I'm departing the U.S on the 10th of October, moving back to west-Waterford, home turf. Had a good ol' party last night here in the house and have a good ol' hangover now. Simon Knight and Steve Douglass said that I'll be like a lost soul now, not belonging in either place, but in a sort of limbo.

I had a leremarkable time in the US over the last three years, got to see many beautiful places, and play music and drink with some great people.

We'll be packing up a container on Tuesday, and I'll be at a loss for a computer for a while after that. I have a new email address, the old comcast one will be defunct in a few days time. The new one is active now, davidpowerup@yahoo.ie

Buy my new CD, it'll be out by Christmas, book me for Tionols, don't get too crazy on this board and stay in touch :D .

David Power, a dedicated follower of fashion[/i]
marcpipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by marcpipes »

:( I think I'm going to have to play The Wild Geese before bed. :(
Um....Mom, Dad?......I'm Gaelic.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

We'll miss you on this side of the pond David. It was very nice to get to know you a little and have a few pints and tunes together. Hopefully, we'll get a chance in the not too distant future to share more tunes and more pints together.

Good luck with the move, ah, there's no place like home! All the best to you and yours!

-Joseph.
snoogie

Post by snoogie »

David, you'll be missed on this side of the Atlantic...but you're only a plane ride away. We hope to see you again at Swannanoa next year!

Thanks for the tunes and all you've done for piping over here...

Gotta go work on the Ace and Duece of Pipering...

-gary
There is no try, only do or not do. - Yoda
John O'Gara

Post by John O'Gara »

David:

Thanks for all you've done for piping. Your playing is truly inspirational.

Hope to meet you some day at a Tionol here in the States, or even better, on your home turf!

All the best.
upiper71

Post by upiper71 »

Hi David,

We hope to see you again in Montreal sometime in the future. You will always be welcome here again, and thanks again for the very informative classes at the Piper's Gathering '06, it was good to see you.

Have a safe return.

Regards,

Daryl Mac.
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

David- best of luck in the future. Too bad we never went fishing-that would have been a hoot. Looks like it's the Humors of Ballyloughlin for practice.

I can't think of a better parting gift than practicing a tune that they learned from you.

Can't believe its been 3 years.
Mypipes

Post by Mypipes »

Imagine a beginner US piper has the likes of Seamus Ennis(pardon the comparison) show up at his door and offer him friendship and instruction on the learning grip and truchly howl over a three year coarse only leave you with the whole lot for years to come. I have been the prime benificiary of all the piping gems not to mention maintenance and reed making....You and your lovely family will be sorely missed indeed. I have years of material to work on. A public debt of gratitude for sharing a wealth of information on Traditional Irish Music and the true art of piping.....Farewell David and Family :cry:

PS...Thanks for loaning me the Williams' set :D
malanstevenson
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing the uilleann pipes, flute and whistle for about 18 years or so. I've been listening to Irish and Scottish traditional music for almost 40 years now.

Post by malanstevenson »

Safe journey home, David. I envy you the road ahead, and looking forward to hearing rumours of the Silver Pimpernel abroad in the land.

If we can get you back next year, we will indeed rename the club after you.

Your friend,
The Divvel in Utah

(say hi to Joanie for me)
Piobairi Uilleann Inis Fa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

The Parting Glass

Post by Piobairi Uilleann Inis Fa »

David,
Really enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you a bit. Wish we could have hung out more and gotten you out on the island here for an afternoon or two with the mob. Keep in touch and give us a ring, even if it is to show off another fine set or something. Safe journey to you and the family and I will look forward til the next opportunity for a tune either here or there, I will buy you a pint when I see ya.

Neil
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Best of luck with the move back to Waterford. Hope we'll still be seeing you over here from time to time.
PJ
Patrick D'Arcy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

America's loss is Ireland's gain! Don't worry about limbo, hasn't the church abolished that now too? ;)

Gob Less.... be good!

Patrick.
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Catch ya down the road Dave! Best of luck bringing the pipes to the people.
Pipey

David Power

Post by Pipey »

Good luck, David, from your friends at the Hudson River Pipers Club. We were really lucky to have you for a few classes. I'll keep an eye on the door at O'Connell's Lounge at Ferncliff, just in case. Jim Reilly
"So many tunes, so little time"

Member - www.hudsonriverpipersclub.com
Rick Hall

Post by Rick Hall »

I'm raising a parting glass to you even as I type! :D You'll be hauling back with you a boatload of memories, mostly good I hope.
Tanks for the tunes and the toasts!
See you on the other side.
Rick