uilleann wiki update

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
David Lim
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

uilleann wiki update

Post by David Lim »

Slow progress but we will get there eventually. :)

In the Pipemakers section there are now articles on:

Coyne family

William Kennedy

Dave Williams

Kirk Lynch

In the Reed Making section there is a photo of a Dan Dowd concert reed and it's dimensions:

Reed Making

Any article can be created, added to or edited by you. If you have something to contribute, register and get involved.

David
teirw

wiki

Post by teirw »

Hi David,
I thought I should finally get round to explaining my disappearance from the Manchester meetings! I have managed to find a 400 yr old farmhouse in darkest mid Wales with 121/2 acres and a barn to renovate. It's been a long time hatching but is now real so the commute is now 130miles each way. I will be involved with this project for the rest of my days so I will only manage irregular visits I'm afraid. Many sincere thanks for your generous help and good luck with future meetings. Kind regards, David Hooper
DIAGONALINE

Post by DIAGONALINE »

Hi David and David

we will have to stay in touch electronically, on here,
I have not been able to get to a meeting in Manchester myself since
I went to Germany and with the help of Andreas Rogge managed to make a rather nice practice set, it was great fun and German beer is the best.

Good luck with the Barn project but don't let it get in the way of your piping.

Thanks David H for the help you gave me in my very early days and David L thanks for the help you still give me in my later eary days.

Regards

Les Hanrahan
David Lim

Post by David Lim »

Great news about your farmhouse David, but sadder news that we will not see you so often. Hopefully you can make it up now and then or come to one of our Tionols. I have ordered a C# chanter so I am looking forward to playing a few tunes with you.

Les, thanks for the photos, it would be great to hear the chanter you made with Andreas. If you feel like writing something about the event we could put it up on the website.

I forgot to mention an interesting detail about the Uilleann Wiki.
After it first few days up it received a sustained download attack from a computer in the USA. At one point the site was being downloaded 250,000 times a day.

If anyone had problems accessing the site early on, that will be the reason.

David