Piper in or near Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Greg Schnider
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Piper in or near Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland

Post by Greg Schnider »

I received the following e-mail a couple days ago. Are there any pipers close by? PM me and I will pass on the e-mail address.
Hi, I realise we are a long way away buy I thought you might be able to offer some advice. I have bought my son a set of practice uilleann pipes which he has always wanted. He has been playing bagpipes for 4 years and probably thought he could simply pick them up and start playing. Not true. He is 16.
Are you aware of any uilleann pipe players in our area? I have placed local adverts but no luck so far. We live in Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland.

Many thanks for your time,
kind regards
Jan Hannah
BigDavy

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Greg

They could try here.

http://beehive.thisisnorthscotland.co.u ... geID=12774

Boyd would probably be the one to ask. Hopefully he will chip in later.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Uilliam

Post by Uilliam »

Erm... Davey are my lessons that onerous !! :wink: I quite fancy an away day so as its only about 3 hours away..maybe under 3 hours on a good day with a strong following wind. I can always pop up and give him lessons likewise he can come doon to Glasgow and get lessons either from me or Jim Daily.I plan to move up North in 5 years or whenever I win the Lotto (whichever comes 1st) so I can check out the lay o the land while I'm there.
Slán Go Foill
Uilliam
If ye are intersted in helping our cause to cure leprosy feel free to PM me.
AaronMalcomb
antispam: No

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Send him to Murray Henderson who lives near Kirriemuir. Murray will get him sorted out on a real set of pipes... Highland Pipes :twisted:

All kidding aside though, one of Murray's students is Simon McKerrell who knows a thing or two about playing the UP. Try getting in touch with Simon and maybe coordinate something when he goes to see Murray.

Not trying to derail you there, Liam.