Waist belt length

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

No E wrote:

No E (fair, fat and and 47)
REALLY!!!! It must be the distingushed salt and pepper gray :boggle:
Islandpiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

further posture questions

Post by Islandpiper »

OK, while we are at it........I have regs on the way from CJ Dixon, and when I sit down to play I can't imagine that I will be able to hit the keys with the mainstock, etc where it is right now......seems to be way too far off to the right. Can this be caused by a too-long neck on the bag leading to the Chanter? or poor placement of the mainstock hole in the bag? Or poor placement of the blow-pipe connection to the bag? Or my bad set-up and posture? or all of the above? Seems like I will somehow need to move the whole mainstock assembly over to my left in order to get the keys nearer to a point on the top of my right leg, but when I do that, planning ahead, I can't get the chanter onto my right knee......or can I get a wrist-extender on eBay?

Thanks, islandpiper
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

Same issues that Glands started a thread on; the ergonomics of the instrument- what is long, short, not in the right place, etc. Have you visited your pipemaker and done a fitting??? They truly are a bespoked instrument
Douglas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Douglas »

I don't even use a hose between the bellows and bag. The wood blowpipe from the bag goes directly into the bellows.

I have to admit that when I turned 40 the weight started going on quicker. I am 44 now.