Workshop and House Concert in Kingston On.

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Northern Whistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Workshop and House Concert in Kingston On.

Post by Northern Whistler »

Debbie Quigley will be in Kingston on Jan. 28th for a concert with Patrick Ourceau. I think the day is looking like workshops all day for pipes and the concert is in the evening. The fiddle workshops go all weekend and there is a session on the Friday night. I am not sure what the final piper plans are, but if you are interested contact me and I will keep you informed and help with finding accomodation too.
Darren
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

They'll be out here in Montreal as well on the weekend of February 4 (not sure if the fiddler will be Patrick Ourceau or Kim Vincent, I thought it was Kim but will check). Debbie will give a whistle workshop and will be available for some private piping lessons; there will be a concert as well. Details are still being worked out, but wanted to add this so people can put on their calendars. Debbie's new CD is out, by the way, some nice piping and whistle playing on there.
upiper71

Re: Workshop and House Concert in Kingston On.

Post by upiper71 »

Northern Whistler wrote:Debbie Quigley will be in Kingston on Jan. 28th for a concert with Patrick Ourceau. I think the day is looking like workshops all day for pipes and the concert is in the evening. The fiddle workshops go all weekend and there is a session on the Friday night. I am not sure what the final piper plans are, but if you are interested contact me and I will keep you informed and help with finding accomodation too.
Darren
Hey Darren, Longtime no hear! :D At least since the last time we met again at Joe's reedmakin' thingy at Kingston,ON.

The wife and I will definately head down to Kingston, I spoke to ChuckQ and he mentioned something about it, I told what I could as far as timing goes in January. Is Ian, Nick and others going to show again this time i hope? It would be interesting to see them again... :D :)
Northern Whistler

Ian will be there. He is kinda trying to get this thing together. Joe had told me that Nick is down in Colorado now working. Phil will be there, I think you met him for the reed making workshop (Young guy, can play 11 different instruments like a pro :swear: ) Maybe we can all hit that indian restaurant again.
cquick
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Kingston Workshop

Post by cquick »

Yes I intend to go - Looking forward to it.

Chuck
NicoMoreno
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

I am indeed in Colorado, however I will be back right after christmas, so school-work pending, I might be interested... I'll have to wait and see, however!
Northern Whistler

Great Nick I hope things went well down there. Hope you make it.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

NicoMoreno wrote:I am indeed in Colorado, however I will be back right after christmas, so school-work pending, I might be interested... I'll have to wait and see, however!
Safe Home Nick. If you are ever supposed to be down this way again, give me enough advanced warning and we'll get together. Who knows, maybe you'll have a couple of regs on your beautiful Kennedy set by then. :D
upiper71

Post by upiper71 »

:D Great stuff, if everyone can make it worth the trip!

Trying to get piper's to show up in the winter is kinda like getting the groundhog to see his shadow! :lol:
Northern Whistler

Here are some more details regarding the uilleann piping Workshop with
Debbie Quigley in Kingston, Ontario on Saturday January 28th and Sunday
January 29th.

All events are at 202 Main Street, Barriefield (East Kingston).

Friday January 27th, around 8:00PM
- meet and greet, session

Saturday January 28th.
- Workshop 10 to 5 with a break for lunch
- House Concert 8-10, with Patrick Ourceau and Debbie Quigley followed by a
session

Sunday January 29th.
- Pipe maintenance and tuning (10-12)
- Wrap-up session ~3 PM at Kingston Brew Pub

Details:

There will be giving a full day of piping workshops with Debbie from 10:00AM
until 5:00PM prior to the house concert with Patrick Ourceau and Debbie
Quigley. On Sunday morning there will be a short class on pipe maintenance
and general tuning.

Price for the workshop: $70 (includes lunch/dinner/snacks/coffee/tea,
doesn't include concert)

To register and/or to find out more information, please contact Ian Leslie
at leslie@esg.ca or 613-547-0002 as soon as possible.

If you need help finding accomodation in Kingston I can help - there will
also be billets available from musicians in town if you are interested. The House Concert on Saturday January 28th MAY BE SOLD OUT SOON so please indicate if you want to go to the concert. Tickets are $15 each.
upiper71

Post by upiper71 »

Thanks Darren,

I'll be in touch with Ian. :)
Northern Whistler

more info

Hello piping workshop attendees...

Attached are 2 maps indicating where Bob's house is in Kingston (202 Main Street, Barriefield, East Kingston) in case you need them.

Also, I have one small request for payment - if you are paying by cheque, could you make out one for me to cover the Sat/Sun workshop ($70) and one for

the concert ($15)? If you are paying cash, don't worry about it.

Any other questions give me a shout. Thanks in advance,

Ian

upiper71

Re: more info

Post by upiper71 »

Northern Whistler wrote:Hello piping workshop attendees...

Attached are 2 maps indicating where Bob's house is in Kingston (202 Main Street, Barriefield, East Kingston) in case you need them.

Also, I have one small request for payment - if you are paying by cheque, could you make out one for me to cover the Sat/Sun workshop ($70) and one for

the concert ($15)? If you are paying cash, don't worry about it.

Any other questions give me a shout. Thanks in advance,

Ian

Hey Darren,

I'm going to have to bow out, this time there coming to Mtl so our group will meet them here..until next time... :sniffle:
Northern Whistler

That's too bad, but more convienent for you. Hopefully there will be another thing that we'll see you at this summer.
upiper71

Post by upiper71 »

Northern Whistler wrote:That's too bad, but more convienent for you. Hopefully there will be another thing that we'll see you at this summer.
Yes, I'm sure that Eithne or Chuck from Brockville will try to put Diorma up or another group together for the summer season.. Anyways, it would've been fun to get together again.

I've been very busy as of late.. :boggle: I'm actually moving in a month or so, I may not be around for a little until I get settled in.

Best of luck this weekend.. :D

Daryl Mc.