Has anybody seen our Davey?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
ChristianRo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Has anybody seen our Davey?

Post by ChristianRo »

Sorry, usually I am not of those posting search messages on the forum. But 1 month ago, our David Boisvert teased me with a notification that my drones were near completion and he has not answered my emails since. Also, he has not posted here for a couple of weeks. Anyone knowing of his whereabouts? No offense intended. Thanks.
Christian
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

He's home, he's busy and most likely very muddy from rebuilding a retaining wall in his yard. They've had an usually high amount of rain up there these past few months.

Wait, he'll answer eventually. I just got a response to my email enquiries from last month.

Patience, is a virgin....er....virtue. :D
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

Thanks Joseph. Yes, you seem to have quite a humid period down there...
Christian
gregorygraham

Post by gregorygraham »

Don't bug him, he's making my C set :)
Gregory Graham
Toronto
Joseph E. Smith

gregorygraham wrote:Don't bug him, he's making my C set :)
... and finishing up my full set.
Davey

Ugly, hurt, tired, but alive!

Post by Davey »

Hiya! Just a "brief" post to let you all know I am indeed still alive....I can tell I'm alive because my joints hurt so blasted much! I have been planning on sending an email out to all customers and friends, but everytime I get inside from the ground zero I'm too tired and sore to do much but shower and collapse on the couch.

The last half year has been HARD and eventfull to say the least. Here is where I would present the sob story ..er soap opera...which the last few months have been (maybe I'll edit that in later) but suffice it to say there have been health complications (including a terrifying cancer scare), family emergencies,events and occasions, and recently...GROUND ZERO.

As Joe said we went through a spell of heavy rain (nothing like you poor folks in N. Orleans etc.). The folks who lived here before had built a retaining wall which was simply badly done and not up to it's task. It gave way under the strain of heavy rains and the sandy soil under a corner of my shop nearly washed away completely. The foundation cracked and failed leaving a 2 inch gap to the oncoming winter...and the roof began leaking. So... I've already re-roofed the shop, placed new beams to prop up the old roof trusses, shored up the soil and patched the old foundation as best as I can afford. I hope to be buttoning up these massive repairs soon.
After all this work, both my elderly wife and I (she's only 30!) have developed a bad case of carpal tunnel (or however it's spelled) leaving my hands sore, clumsy and partially numb!

Needless to say, I'm not the speediest to reply to emails and posts right now and I'm behind on orders. But never fear, they WILL get done.

I'm hoping to be under FULL steam within a week or so and I'll be fulfilling my obligations as artistically and humanly quickly as possible.

My thanks go out to all my friends and customers who've been so incredibly caring and understanding. By the way..if anybody wants to help us install a 4ft high, 105 foot long retaining wall, I'd gladly keep you supplied with pints and pizza! No really, seriously..I need HELP!!
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

If I were anywhere near the vicinity of Minnesota, I'd happily lend a hand. Hope everything works out Davey.

All my best,
Mike
Joseph E. Smith

MikeyLikesIt wrote:If I were anywhere near the vicinity of Minnesota, I'd happily lend a hand. Hope everything works out Davey.

All my best,
Mike
The same goes for me, in fact, if I still lived in balmy Minnesota, I'd be a permanent fixture in your shop buddy. :D :D :lol:
misterpatrick

Post by misterpatrick »

You know you can count me it.

-Patrick
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

David, all the best from across the ocean, too.
Christian
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

Hope your family is doing well. Sounds like a lot to contend with. I had to build a retaining wall about four years ago (about 140 feet long) it is a lot of work if you are trying to do a proper job of it.
misterpatrick

Post by misterpatrick »

Um, "in" not "it. I thought we were playing tag.
djm

Post by djm »

You lift. I'll send a long distance grunt.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.