Instruments For Sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Patrick D'Arcy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Instruments For Sale

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Thought I'd draw your collective attention to some good instruments that are for sale at the moment in the Classifieds section of my site. The box is on the right hand side of the home page with links through to the Classifieds page:

http://www.uilleannobsession.com/

The current list:

1. Rogge D Chanter
2. Simack C Chanter
3. Seth Gallagher D ½ Set
4. Seth Gallagher D Full Set
5. Alan Ginsberg D Flute

Patrick.
Last edited by Patrick D'Arcy on Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I'd love to get my hands on that Simack C chanter, but I really can't rally up the cash to do so at this time.
glands
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by glands »

False alarm....I thought The Holy Order was for sale.
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

HAH!!
L42B

Post by L42B »

I would love to purachse either the SIMACK Cn chanter or Rogge D chanter. But alas it is a matter of available funds :cry: (I could afford the Rogge chanter if it was in Oz dollers). The Australian currency although is doing very well at the moment, its not worth much against the Pound, Euro or US currencies.

Cheers L42B :)
Big Time

Post by Big Time »

i take it the c chanter is for sale on the far side of the pond in america? id love to get my hands on it.
Big Time
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

glands wrote:False alarm....I thought The Holy Order was for sale.
I think that the only reason The Holy Order would come up for sale is if Patrick had a sudden and seriously detrimental lack of reasoning.... and he's sound as a stone isn't he? :D
fel bautista

Post by fel bautista »

like the proverbial rock :D
WallyS

Post by WallyS »

Patrick,

When you post these classifieds on your website, does that imply an endorsement that these are honest sellers? I'm interested in a chanter and don't want to get burned again. Thanks!
Davey

D'arcy...

Post by Davey »

...eh..you mean soundly stoned right?
Patrick D'Arcy

Post by Patrick D'Arcy »

Hiya Wally,

I certainly hope everything is above board with these sales. I'm just trying to help out people trying to move their sets. Most of the people I would know either via the message boards or in person, some I do not, but I figure if they have found the page they must be kosher. Also, there's a disclaimer on the site relieving me of any and all responsibility regarding these sales.

Anyway, if you want to PM me about the particular instrument you are interested in maybe I can elaborate. 99% of the time I have no personal experience with the instrument for sale so it is completely up to the buyer and seller to hash all that out.

Patrick.

PS - The Holy Order are currently comfortably at rest after a weekend of high shennagins and much fun at the Southern California Tionól. They are such a great set. BK trimmed a fleas leg off the chanter reed and it's even better again. He says that the reed softens through time and that a little (I mean minute!) trim helps matters after a year of regular playing.
goldy

Post by goldy »

With all this talk of the Simack C chanter, I thought I'd throw something in.

I played one of Ian's C chanters about four years ago and fell in love with it. It was well tuned and played at a nice volume with one of Ian's reeds in it. It had a nice tone that sounded closer to a concert pitch set than a flat set (kind of like how a concert set sounds with a really mellow reed in it).

Goldy.
Last edited by goldy on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all manage to live in the same box.
L42B

Post by L42B »

I'll second your post Goldy. I played one of Ian's Coyn based C chanters in New Zealand. It's similar to the one listed except it only has a Bb key (Cn in D) and brass. I liked the tone but when I first tried Greg Wait's chanter it had bad reed, a K&Q C read was quickly found and it played wonderfully. In some ways it sounded like a Woof C chanter but only slightly sharper. It played somewhere between an Eugen Lamb D (I played Jack Brennan's chanter and it played very similarly to the Lamb D chanter) and a Coyn C.

Cheers L42B :)
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

L42B wrote:....except it only has a Bb key (Cn in D)....
For reference... don't transpose the actual note you hear it playing, rather use the key name as if it were a concert D chanter.