Music collection Help?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
pete_grant
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pete_grant »

I didn't hear it when it came out, but Davy gave me a copy last October. Great stuff.

I agree. I really like dobro in a traditional setting. The dobro and pipes are a great combination. Pedal steel and pipes is another virtually unused pairing. Stay tuned.

There's not a lot of recorded stuff of the Zephyr or the 8-string. I played the Zephyr on two tracks of the Persuasions' Grateful Dead album. I might put the solo from 'Roses' from that album up on my website. It's pretty interesting: solo dobro backed by five voices. I've been thinking of putting a couple of tunes up using the 8-string. Probably as soon as I get O'Regan's One up to speed.
pete_grant
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pete_grant »

Paddy has all the recordings from the band with Frankie Gavin and Junji Shirota. They still need to be gone through in order to put it all together into an album.

BTW, we can still call a CD an album, since that term refers to a "collection of selected works." Works for me.

The double album he had in Ireland was a compilation from a club or a concert series on the East Coast. I think he was on only a couple of tracks.

The next PK album is in its nascent stages and will most likely appear in the Spring of next year. (Correction will be up on the website soon.) I do get to play on it. Yay!