Eamonn Galldubh

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Flauta dolce
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Eamonn Galldubh

Post by Flauta dolce »

Has anyone heard Eamonn Galldubh play the uileann pipes? What do they think?! Methinks he's damn good. All his albums are sold out in Dublin.
Your opinions and thoughts are appreciated !

I was also lucky enough to have him as a teacher for a crash course in Dublin. He also plays the flute and the whistle brilliantly. He' s a real pro.
djm

Post by djm »

It seems his web site is defunct, but he has appeared as backup for a lot of other people. Haven't heard him myself.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
lundblad

Post by lundblad »

Heard him last year, both playing with his band (I think) and playing pipes and flute at a Moya Brennan concert.
He was really really good. But who am I to state that anyway :D .
It was a t a festival also featuring Davy Spillane and Kevin Glackin. Great stuff but I think the whole festival went bancrupt since no people came even though there were some famous artists there.
Uilleann Piper from beyond!!!
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

lundblad wrote:Great stuff but I think the whole festival went bancrupt since no people came even though there were some famous artists there.
Sadly, all too familiar.
PJ
Droner

Post by Droner »

A virtuoso....gentleman ..... friend of Mikie Smyth....and a great player. Not known as one of the traditional pipers ie he doesn't get involved with NPU or any of their events. Not that this is a bad thing!! He was taught by Ivan Goff and might have had a bit of tutoring from Mick o'Brien, I think . Plays pipes, flute, whistle, sax, classical flute, and anything else that he picks up. Can be seen palying in The Duke (off Grafton Street) on a Sunday night when not touring with Moya, Ragus, etc etc etc
Gio

Post by Gio »

I also met him and had the occasion to play with him and his definately a nice guy :thumbsup: and a great piper although I'm not very into his style of playing. I surely still have somewhere his e mail address...
It was proper Bo', I tell thee!
L42B

Post by L42B »

I remember Mikie Smyth showing me a video of Eamonn Galldubh playing one of his hand made Gaita's out of carrot, lattex glov (turned into the pipe bag), straw blow pipe and cane reed :lol:. He put it together in little more than ten minutes and it sounded great on the recording. You could hear his friends laughing away in the background. Aparantly he played it at a concert that night as well. That's what Mikie told me anyway. But we all know how Mikie likes a good yarn :D

Cheers L42B :)