Lorenzo unmasked

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Kevin L. Rietmann
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Lorenzo unmasked

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Go to http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubima ... d_=7646532 and start clicking on "Next Image" to see photos of Lorenz's pipes, reeds, flute, violin, ten-gallon hat...looks like ten gallons, perhaps he tweaked the photo...
So those are those Charles Roberts of yours, Lor?
Harry
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Harry »

Are we supposed to be looking at those?

H.
djm

Post by djm »

AHA! A box player! I knew it!

Hard to make out Rapunzel in the tower, though ... :D

djm
janice

Post by janice »

Nice pics..quite the juxtaposition!
Cowboy digs and upipes are almost (but not quite) up there with kilts and upipes. :D
glauber

Post by glauber »

The piping cowboy! I love it.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
anima

Post by anima »

I especially like the jeans tucked into the boots :P

What's with the castle, izzat Larry's home?
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Villa Lorenzo ?
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Bogues just emailed me and told me what you guys were doin! I hadn't been to the UP forum yet today. I have my photos pasted all over the place...sometimes I need to be reminded where! I was trying out a lot of free hosting sites a while back. Kev probably found the site on the "Pictures of Your Pipes" thread. You're more than welcome to look. I have whole albums elswhere. I'd give you the keys, but my wife doesn't like the photos of her (I should post one anyway sometime :wink: ).

NO, that ain't my place. That's Bob's, a friend of mine in the Columbia River Gorge. He has a lot of famous traveling musicians from Ireland up to his Castle for concerts, and regulars up from Portland, OR. all the time.

Bob hires our band to play at his parties a lot too. He built that 5 story castle himself, and it has a drinking bar in the basement that over looks the White Salmon River--about 25 ft. away. He plays the bagpipes himself, makes all his own furniture, and is restoring an old B52 parked somewhere on his acreage.

He said to invite all my pipers friends up for a week sometime in the summer. He has great acres of lawns, ponds, and a couple guest quarters around, a beautiful setting, and hidden way off the main road. Couldn't find it or see it if you searched forever.

Hey, I just thought of something...would y'all like me to do a documentary of Kevin L. Rietmann sometime? He grew up just down the road from me a spat. I could post his highschool pics, family hardware store, the old farmhouse, interview old friends, etc., and introduce him to Dionys (who just lives a couple blocks away from him in Portland!) We gotta get those two together! :D
elbogo

Post by elbogo »

Hey, Lorenzo, what's that IUD device in the pic with your reed?
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Oh, that! Well, it's a long story. You see, Kevin was screwing around with my chanter just before I got it back, and I wanted to make sure no further harm came to it. :lol: And besides, I'm not proficient at doing abortions on UPs, I'd have to send it to glands or anima.

Actually, it gives me a hard D. :D
elbogo

Post by elbogo »

So Rietmann and Dionys are really not one and the same, but two different people? Hmmm...
Kevin L. Rietmann

Lorenzo wrote:Hey, I just thought of something...would y'all like me to do a documentary of Kevin L. Rietmann sometime?
Here's your audience reaction:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Lorenzo wrote:He grew up just down the road from me a spat.
"Spat" is Pacific Northwestern for ca. 150 miles!
Lorenzo wrote:I could post his highschool pics, family hardware store, the old farmhouse, interview old friends, etc...

I did meet up last month with a guy who was interested in pipes, he brought along his brother who'd worked for my cousin Van. This is a rather improbable coincidence to say the least!
The locals get together every leap year I think. Every congressional term? You can be the guest piper if ya want, L.
Kevin L. Rietmann

Tried to find more Elbogo photos.
Got redirected to a site showing stuff like this:

J. Karl Bogartte.............................Through a layer of sunlight
elbogo

Post by elbogo »

Hey, what's going on here! You better be careful, Kevin, or I'll post that one of you playing your pipes naked!!
tok

Post by tok »

the castle reminds me of a gig I did at hammond castle , here in glouster . The whole place was filled with artifacts , i.e. mummified hands , relics from saint , something or other . And old crusty wooden , antiques . Also , there were swords , and axes hung on the walls , a warning to play the pipes well,, :party: or else :devil: All this while I had wrenched my arm so bad that I had a visible rash , where the nerves were affected along my arm . Still , I managed the gig , including , parrying the " footsies " from the married woman seated next to me .
Will I ever go back there ? With Its stone walls , and groaning timbers ?
lol ,, It was a beautyfull gig , but I think not , at least not in this lifetime, l like the spa so much better , with its hanging gardens of broadleafed plants , and the sauna , and the sea salt pool , also , the steam room . h , perfect , and barbie , , can I have another ,,of those ,, ? :o thanks .
:party: :devil: :party: :lol:
lol ,
:o tok . :)
Last edited by tok on Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.