Nick Whitmer - pipes, etc. to sell

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
nwhitmer
antispam: No

Nick Whitmer - pipes, etc. to sell

Post by nwhitmer »

Hi there. This is Nick Whitmer. I've been making uilleann pipes for about 15 years. I also sell reedmaking supplies. My wife & I recently relocated from near Charlottesville, Virginia to Ithaca, New York. After a period of relative inactivity I am back to making pipes to sell. I have no waiting list at this time. I have a practice set and a half set for sale & ready to go. Both are in D and made principally of African Blackwood. Please contact me for further info.

I'll be lurking at the UP forum and perhaps ocassionally moved to contribute.

Regards,

Nick Whitmer
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Hi Nick, WELCOME to C&F !!
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

Hi Nick,

I nipped the end off the reed you played in my Whitmer chanter and the back D is good and solid now. It had changed some (not neatsfoot oil treated as it is my first try) going down to the tionól, I guess.

I didn't get to play any with you (too many sessions, I wanted to be 4 people to enjoy it all), maybe the next time.

Why in the world did you move up to yankee land?

Since down here a yankee is someone from that area "up north" and a damn yankee is one that moves down here to live, so, I guess you are a "damn rebel", now, huh?

BTW, I have had good success with Nick's cane in both concert and C chanter reeds, even though most of it is 7/8" diameter.
UNCLEJOHNBOY
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by UNCLEJOHNBOY »

DO YOU HAVE A WEB PAGE? CATALOG. BROCHURE?
glands

Post by glands »

Nick, I had a great time playing tunes with you at the recent tionol in Chapel Hill. I'll pass this ad on to my local students. Those of you on this forum looking to make a purchase of a set should seriously consider this opportunity.
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Hey ya Nickster. Still going to sell us our cane, gouges, string, etc.? Still putting the hand grenade soundbox on the bass drones, too?

fancypiper wrote: a damn yankee is one that moves down here to live
So that's what that means...here in Oregon we need a term like that for the dreaded Californians! Image
nwhitmer

here's my email address & thanks for the welcome

Post by nwhitmer »

Thanks for the welcoming messages...

Yes I have reedmaking stuff to sell. I still make the bass drone regulator in a shape which was inspired by a poppy seed pod. I can mail paper copies of price lists, or maybe send them as email attachments. No web site as yet. Someday probably.

I had a fine time at the East Coast Tionol. Northern, southern, no problem as long as I can find a ready supply of chocolate.

My email, FYI, is nwhitmer@lightlink.com

Regards,

Nick
John Mulhern

Post by John Mulhern »

"So that's what that means...here in Oregon we need a term like that for the dreaded Californians! "

Aha! So that's what all those south facing sign's saying "Welcome to Oregon...now go home" were all about. :lol:
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Welcome aboard. :)

Hope you'll contribute to the discussions, including the tech ones, but be warned that if anything you say could be remotely construed as commercially motivated, somebody or other (generally a self-appointed guardian rather than Dale or Rich) is bound to jump up and down on your head. :o
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Kevin L. Rietmann

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

Former Governor Tom McCall summed it up in a TV interview in 1971: "Come visit us again and again, this is a state of excitement. But for heaven’s sake, don’t come here to live."
State of excitement? I don't know about that!
No E

Post by No E »

Kevin L. Rietmann wrote:...
State of excitement? I don't know about that!
Definately not... I spent a month in Eugene one weekend :lol:

Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all week and don't forget to tip the waitresses!

-No E