Chanter reeds from CP

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Eagach
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Chanter reeds from CP

Post by Eagach »

Has anyone tried or have any knowledge of CP-Reeds ? there are a few Youtube videos of various chanters reeded and demonstrated by the reed maker.
make_fast
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Learning uilleann pipes, whistle, and occasional backing instruments. Just hacking away and slowly expanding repertoire.

Re: Chanter reeds from CP

Post by make_fast »

I purchased one of Cesar's reeds for my Hunter chanter. He had it on my doorstep ~3 days after I sent paypal and it arrived pretty bang-on. He will let you know whether he has reeded a chanter from your maker before. I believe he turns out a number of reeds for a maker at a time so he may or may not have one for your maker in stock. If he does he can ship it out almost immediately.

I had a few tweaks after receiving that he walked through with me via FB messages. All in all a positive experience!
Satchmo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Having taken time out from the pipes etc to focus on trumpet for 12 years.
During that time, I suffered a subarachnoid brain haemorrhage and so, after rebuilding myself and coming to terms with my limitations, I'm now slowly getting back into my whistles and maybe pipes next year.

Re: Chanter reeds from CP

Post by Satchmo »

Great reeds, I love mine. It's spot on with tuning and a nice crisp sound, great for tight triplets, they really pop.
Also, Cesar is very pleasant to deal with and, because there was a delay, he sent me an extra reed too!
...Life is a cabaret :thumbsup: