Putting it straight.

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
jpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi i would li,e to help fellow pipers with any questions about their chanters drones and regulators and reedmaking as i have been making pipes for a while without a website for other irish musicians and friends and alao word of mouth,but ill be putting a website up soon.

Putting it straight.

Post by jpiper »

Hi all.a while ago i was explaining the reason that the E note in some chanters can be sharp in the 1st octave and flat in the second octave.
i also talked about ways that ME as a pipemaker can fix that problem easily...(it took some reasearching and a flat sets tone holes to fix it)
I saw a piper posting on here that i told people to "drill holes in there chanters" ect.. ..that is completley untrue!.i have never told or drilled holes in anyones chanters apart from my own.
Just had to settle that opinion.
Thanks
J
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Putting it straight.

Post by rorybbellows »

Well its great you cleared that up as there was many of us having sleepless nights

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
john

Post by john »

it's too late - i took your advice and ruined 2 chanters - i hold you 100% responsible

see you on judge rinder (or judge judy depending where you're from)
ennischanter
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Post by ennischanter »

rorybbellows wrote:Well its great you cleared that up as there was many of us having sleepless nights

RORY

Yes, I have been plagued by endless panic attacks, hot flashes, tremendous weight loss, and sleepless nights.

I shall now sleep soundly, and my health should also recover, as everything is now settled and cleared up.
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of the flame.
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

jpiper wrote:Hi all.a while ago i was explaining the reason that the E note in some chanters can be sharp in the 1st octave and flat in the second octave.
i also talked about ways that ME as a pipemaker can fix that problem easily...(it took some reasearching and a flat sets tone holes to fix it)
I saw a piper posting on here that i told people to "drill holes in there chanters" ect.. ..that is completley untrue!.i have never told or drilled holes in anyones chanters apart from my own.
Just had to settle that opinion.
Thanks
J
What are the reasons for the varying 'E' tuning issues?
Arbo