FS: Daye Practice Set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Reepicheep
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: Daye Practice Set

Post by Reepicheep »

For Sale is my Daye Practice Set with the Delrin exterior, high C key and reed. I made the bellows, bag and connecting bits. Included will be a spare reed (several, actually... one is a Daye reed that has a chip, but still plays, and two made by our old friend Joseph E. Smith). The bellows and bag are airtight.

Also included are Heather Clarke's book/cd, Pat Sky's Manual for the UP, and the NPU Art of Uilleann Piping DVD, Vol. I.

I have everything in a beat to hell trumpet case that also comes with.

I previously had a set of Daye's drones tied into this bag. Here's a shot of the plug I tied in. To keep with Daye's PVC aesthetic, I used a pvc pipe cap. No leaks.

I'm selling because, honestly, I've not picked this set up in nearly 7 years. I sold the drones to fund the purchase of a mandolin, and this sale is going towards a classical guitar.

Daye's current prices are $ $251 for the chanter, $235 for the bellows and $75 for a spare reed ($561 total) and a wait time of who knows. (He's currently stopped taking chanter orders and I couldn't tell from his website what the queue wait is).

I'm asking $575 (insured shipping included) to the Continental US.

Send me a PM or email me at nmwhitneyjr at gmail dot com.

Peace,
Reep.
"... when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world in some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise..."
Reepicheep
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: FS: Daye Practice Set

Post by Reepicheep »

Set is SOLD.
"... when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world in some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise..."