Non- piping talents

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
giles b
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by giles b »

I made a beautiful daughter with my lovely wife Suzanne,theyre both beautiful and sticking around, guess im pretty good at that, mostly.

I also make objects (art) out of glass and other stuff, mostly glass though. That is where the money comes from. I have no web site but if you're interested you could google me (giles bettison) and see lots of sites showing my stuff.

We have a good vegy garden, I think i'm pretty good at growing plants driving in the country and travelling.
kb

Post by kb »

fel bautista wrote:
79 colnago?? Flat crown???I like that. I have a 96 Master Lite that is my weekend bike. That's what I'm looking for, early 80s SR, but it doesn't have to be NOS. I want to build a rider not a hanger queen.
My buddy and I just volunteered to ride the tour. We don't take anything except the a reasonably dry martini. Levi- good call. I actually want George to win a stage or two, after his P-R fall, I think he wants to do well.
No, it was a Cinelli or Cinelli-style crown w/ cloverleaf engraved. The operative word is was. That bike got so many miles and abuse the only thing original is the frame (not fork), rear brake, stem, headset and right crank arm. My "new' road bike is an' 89 paramount. Track bike is an '84 Paramount (I used to be a mechanic at a couple Schwinn dealers). BTW I have a friend with the 1980 track version of your Raleigh and it still gets plenty of use on the velodrome.
carel

Post by carel »

John O'Gara

Post by John O'Gara »

I coach flag football, basketball and baseball for my son's school and Little League (juniors) teams, play other instruments (none well), strive to be worthy of my wonderful wife and kids, and dabble in woodworking and some woodturning, (time permitting).

Life is good!
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

kb wrote: BTW I have a friend with the 1980 track version of your Raleigh and it still gets plenty of use on the velodrome.
there's a guy up where I live that has a track 531 version painted TI colors and uses it as a fixed. Where is there a velodrome in Ohio?? I had the hots for a 75 curved seat post Paramount in yellow with chrome lugs. There is a guy in MS that plays ITM that has a mid y0s Paramount in root beer with SR components.
CJ DIXON

Post by CJ DIXON »

I dive (scuba), I drive a Honda CBR 600 F4i motorcycle, I make bodhran's, I fabricate mulit-layered printed circuit boards (surface mount and through hole), I am quite a good hunter, I am always welding some project I have on the go, I have a wonderfully perfected slice in my golf game, I have a way with children (when I walk into a room they pretty much stare at me...not sure to laugh or cry) :)

ATB,
CJ
CJ Dixon Celtic Instruments
www.cjdixon.com