Non- piping talents

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
upiper71

Post by upiper71 »

Playing ITM with good friends, great music, reedmaking, home repairs,playin pipes,home repair, home repair..oops did I say that again..woodturnings. :D

Not enough hours in a day! 8)

D
Last edited by upiper71 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KAD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by KAD »

tommykleen wrote:
KAD wrote: I can also hurl a Kong-on-a-rope about 200 feet.
KAD
Holy smokes! Were you a trebuchet in a previous lifetime?

T
Nope! Now -- Go away or I will taunt you a second time.

KAD
KAD

Post by KAD »

[quote="bradhurley"][quote="KAD"]
I can also hurl a Kong-on-a-rope about 200 feet. [/quote]

Is that with your bag arm or your bellows arm?[/quote]

Bellows arm. I'm not coordinated enough to throw in a straight line with my bag arm...especially with a Kong, which if released at the wrong split second will promptly knock out the thrower -- or thwack an unsuspecting canine bystander. I find I have more friends when I throw with the bellows arm.

KAD
chanterdan
antispam: No

Post by chanterdan »

piping,and fishing, isnt everything,its the only thing,oh yeah caint forget the ladies!! :D
TheSilverSpear
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by TheSilverSpear »

I ride horses, ski, hike, camp. I also enjoy prodigious whinging. Currently have a job teaching messed up kids horsemanship skills. In the fall I begin an MA in history and philosophy of science. The real world is kind of lame, so I am crawling back into the ivory tower.
The Sporting Pitchfork
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by The Sporting Pitchfork »

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...I'm startin' to dig this boho student lifestyle all over again...
wgority

Post by wgority »

Hmmmmmm.....the title of this topic presupposes that we actually have talent (either piping or non-). I make no claims to having talent (either piping or non-), but if I have to make claims to things I enjoy - the band takes up way too much time, I enjoy flailing mindlessly at golf balls and commiserating later in the 19th hole, hitting the water for whitewater kayaking whenever I can (I've dropped the falls in Ohiopyle), help organise an annual piping event and sleep in my spare time.

Bill
Pipers Gathering--More Fun, More Music
August 1-4, 2008 in Killington, VT
http://www.pipersgathering.org
daveboling

Post by daveboling »

I did road (track) racing for 25 years (see avatar) in Formula Fords, Mazda Rx-7's and Miatas, and the Blue Meanie FP Fiat X1/9. I did one or two vintage races as a mercenary driver. I still occasionally do machine work for people who dump obscene amounts of money into old sports cars to make them run speeds that would have made the original designers raise an eyebrow. :shock: I've also sailed a bit (always in other peoples' boats - I'm too cheap to buy my own). I'm into wood turning now, and growing hops and elder.

dave boling
No E

Post by No E »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
No E wrote:Facility with various edged weapons and firearms. Two-time "Jeopardy!" champion.

No E
I think I caught one of those episodes... a while back. :)
It was indeed a while back... December of 1991, when I was thin and my hair was dark.

No E
PTE--World Tour 2009-until we're all dead.
glands

Post by glands »

It was indeed a while back... December of 1991, when I was thin and my hair was dark.
Well, Larry, you are thin compared to others.....and your hair is darker grey than some others.....so.......anybody gives you a hard time about it just challenge them to a real swordfight!

You gotta show me any vid clips of the Jeopardy show if there are any in existence...did they have VCRs back then?? :lol:
tommykleen
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

...and what was your Waterloo?

T
No E

Post by No E »

tommykleen wrote:...and what was your Waterloo?

T
Couldn't get control of the board (my buzzer timing was off), so I didn't have enough cash to prevail, even though I answered "Final Jeopardy" correctly.

Lewis--I'll see if I can find the kinescopes :lol:

-Larry
PTE--World Tour 2009-until we're all dead.
wolvy

Post by wolvy »

It least you *have* hair !

No E wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:
No E wrote:Facility with various edged weapons and firearms. Two-time "Jeopardy!" champion.

No E
I think I caught one of those episodes... a while back. :)

No E
:boggle: :boggle:
kb

Post by kb »

fel bautista wrote:I'm in on the fiddle but need a teacher.
Cycling-THE TOUR starts in a couple of days, so I'll be glued to the cable for the next 20 days. I'm currently restoring a 753 Raleigh with period components. See my avatar.
And, I'm a fairly good cook, at least that's what the wife and kids tell me.

almost forgot: in another life, I was a reasonable good portrait/sports photographer-
I've been spending a lot of time lusting after Fel's classic Team Raleigh and picturing how pretty the Campy Super Record components from my 1979 Colnago would look on it (no kidding, same year!).

I, too, will be glued to OLN in the coming month for the TDF and after today's news for all the doping, it will actually be quite a wildcard race (go Levi!).

--kb
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

kb wrote:
I've been spending a lot of time lusting after Fel's classic Team Raleigh and picturing how pretty the Campy Super Record components from my 1979 Colnago would look on it (no kidding, same year!).

I, too, will be glued to OLN in the coming month for the TDF and after today's news for all the doping, it will actually be quite a wildcard race (go Levi!).

--kb
79 colnago?? Flat crown???I like that. I have a 96 Master Lite that is my weekend bike. That's what I'm looking for, early 80s SR, but it doesn't have to be NOS. I want to build a rider not a hanger queen.
My buddy and I just volunteered to ride the tour. We don't take anything except the a reasonably dry martini. Levi- good call. I actually want George to win a stage or two, after his P-R fall, I think he wants to do well.