South East Piper's Club Fall 2009 Gathering

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Ed Harrison
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

South East Piper's Club Fall 2009 Gathering

Post by Ed Harrison »

A big thanks to Gary White and Pat for Sky the South East Piper's Club Fall 2009 Gathering on the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. It was one of the best times I have had and look to the next one. A care free time with no schedules sitting around piping and trading tunes with pipers plus having sessions with other musicians in the evening. Really hard to beat when you think about it.

Thanks again, it was a super weekend...... Ed
Bill Reeder
antispam: No

Re: South East Piper's Club Fall 2009 Gathering

Post by Bill Reeder »

I have to echo Ed's comments! What a great time! No agenda, no workshops, no concerts - just a really relaxed time spent sharing tunes and chanters and stories and more tunes. The evening sessions were terrific from my point of view. The fiddles, banjo, accordion and concertina players really kept us on our toes (in a good way, of course). I've come home with another list of tunes to learn, and another list of tunes to learn to play better. Wifey made the comment that she's never seen me quite so content and at ease after coming home from similar events; she is right as usual. This Hoosier boy, from the wrong side of the Mason-Dixon Line, had a terrific time! Again, thanks to all, especially Pat and Gary, for a great weekend.
Bill

"... you discover that everything is just right: the drones steady and sonorous, the regulators crisp and tuneful and the chanter sweet and responsive. ... I really look forward to those five or six days every year." Robbie Hannan
snoogie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: South East Piper's Club Fall 2009 Gathering

Post by snoogie »

I had a blast also...finally getting some pictures up.
SEUPC Website, then Photo Albums

If anyone else has photos they'd like me to post, send me an email.

Bill, you're welcome back any time!

-gary

P.S. just in case anyone was wondering what they missed, this was the view from the door to my room. Lovely place with great owners. Lets do it again next year!