North East Tionol: Update

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
fel bautista
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

No E wrote:
Paul Reid wrote: Tom, thanks for the beer - no problem taking it back. I'll toast you when I open each one. ...
Hey! the Oktoberfest's were mine :D

Serious fun was had by all. Paul and Virgil were a big help in overcoming my deep fear and suspicion of all things Canadian (until this beer thing).

Many thanks to all who contributed to the tionól's success.

-Larry
Larry's SO serious in the photo. Glad everyone had a great time. Maybe next year
fel bautista
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fel bautista »

double post
Last edited by fel bautista on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Reid

Post by Paul Reid »

Hey Larry,

Next time we get together, all the beer's on me. (Wait, that doesn't sound right) ...

---
Hey Larry,

Next time we're enjoying each other's beer, I'll ... (dang!)

---
Hey Larry,

Thanks for the beer - my mistake! I thought Tom was the big spender ...
(&%#@)

---
Hey Larry,

Thanks for the American suds - they'll be great when I want some light beerish-flavoured stuff.

---
Hey Larry,

I am most grateful for your modest generousity. Next time I'm in California, I'll bring you a nice Canadian beer that you can enjoy over a few days. :D

If you can't trust a Canadian, where do you go from there? :lol:
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Paul Reid wrote: Oh, and of course I have a few pix from the weekend, you can download any if you want 'em. ;)
Spectacular photos, Paul! Some of the loveliest portraits I think I've ever seen. And it was so dark in there ... Amazing! Thanks for those.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
No E
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by No E »

Paul Reid wrote:Hey Larry,

Next time we get together, all the beer's on me. (Wait, that doesn't sound right) ...

---
Hey Larry,

Next time we're enjoying each other's beer, I'll ... (dang!)

---
Hey Larry,

Thanks for the beer - my mistake! I thought Tom was the big spender ...
(&%#@)

---
Hey Larry,

Thanks for the American suds - they'll be great when I want some light beerish-flavoured stuff.

---
Hey Larry,

I am most grateful for your modest generousity. Next time I'm in California, I'll bring you a nice Canadian beer that you can enjoy over a few days. :D

If you can't trust a Canadian, where do you go from there? :lol:

Trust, but verify :P Looking forward to next time!

-Larry
PTE--World Tour 2009-until we're all dead.
tommykleen
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

Cathy Wilde wrote: Spectacular photos, Paul! Some of the loveliest portraits I think I've ever seen. And it was so dark in there ... Amazing! Thanks for those.
Indeed. The hand and mind of an artist in every shot. :thumbsup:

Tommykleen

Post by Paul Reid »

Thanks gang. Wish we could do this more than once a year - why don'tcha come to the Langan weekend in Toronto?! :wink:

Best to all.
PR

c[]|________||___o__o__O___o__O__º__º__||_]
      \\
Piobairi Uilleann Inis Fa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

NE Tional

Post by Piobairi Uilleann Inis Fa »

I was very pleased with the turn out (over 60 pipers) considering the weakening economic conditions. It was a wonderful weekend, though as "soft" as any you might find in Ireland with constant rain through Saturday. There were the usual great line up of instructors, and many other well known pipers in attendance that just came to join the fun (such as Mattie Connelly, Jimmy Obrian-Moran, Patrick Hutchenson, Bill Ochs and Micheal Cooney). I really have to hand it to those that planned everything, as they again pulled off a great event. Gavins is such a great spot as well, given its proximity to New York City and Boston, and also because it is completely self contained-park the car on Friday and don't start it until you leave on Sunday or Monday. Dining, drinking, sleeping, learning and playing all done on the premises! Finally, Benedict as typical drew a large crowd interested in reed and advanced reed making, and last but not least, David Quinn gave a great lecture with lots of photo examples of the developements of pipe making styles through the last few centuries, with the basic theme of makers learning and building upon what others have done before to advance the evolved and I suppose still evolving craft.

Til next time then. Nice to see all that attended again.

Neil
Mypipes

Post by Mypipes »

Would someone please give me the name of the beautiful air that Mick O'Brien Played last set in concert?? Thanks
Kerryman

Post by Kerryman »

"Cuimhne an Phiobaire" composed by Sean Potts. That would translate to "Memory of the Piper".

"The Pipes are the business"

Liam
Member - Hudson River Pipers Club
www.hudsonriverpipersclub.com
maze

man oh man

Post by maze »

really wish i could have been there... finances kept me from coming (gosh darned divorce) but i bet it was the best ever. paul, thanks for letting us peruse your photos... brought a tear to my eye to see east durham.
Maze
Mypipes

Post by Mypipes »

Kerryman wrote:"Cuimhne an Phiobaire" composed by Sean Potts. That would translate to "Memory of the Piper".

"The Pipes are the business"

Liam
Thanks for that Liam...off to learn! :D