*SOLD* - Froment B pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Diggy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Diggy »

Oh poop.
Brewer / Piper
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Good luck to the new owner, may they (the owner) serve them (the pipes) well. :D :party:
Kevin Popejoy

Post by Kevin Popejoy »

Lorenzo wrote:
Kevin Popejoy wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:Be glad to get rid of them. I don't like 'em around much and nothing seems able to catch them that I've noticed.
A 12 guage would catch them just fine I expect. Looks like a great set up Larry. Good luck with it. k
How about a bow and arrow. Hunting season is only 6 weeks long and it's over now. Plus, only the gobbler is fair game. I've heard they're everywhere down in California. Running the place over in fact...even the suburbs. Wildlife officals need to change the rules or find a natural predator.
My neighbor down the street uses a bow on occasion with some luck. It takes a tougher skill set though. You can kill them off faster with a shotgun :lol:. Wild Turkeys are thick here in mid Missouri as well. Almost as bad as the whitetail deer. It's getting so you can hardly drive down the street without hitting a deer. The urban population is out of control. The other day a guy hit a deer with his plane while taxiing down the runway. Yikes! At least the turkeys are smart enough to stay out of the street.

Kevin
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

Kevin Popejoy wrote:It's getting so you can hardly drive down the street without hitting a deer. The urban population is out of control. The other day a guy hit a deer with his plane while taxiing down the runway.
In the upper 40 on my property, where the forest is pretty dense, every Spring there's always new deer bones lying around under this one fir tree. The branches swagger out to the ground and make kind of a nice little green room underneath. A couple years ago, the old guy down the road about a mile said there was deer lying out along the road. He said it was a cougar kill. He said cats only eat fresh meat so they kill about 2-3 deer a week. You'd think cats would like turkey.

BTW, The old guy who owned the property before me said he was gone one winter, but when he came home in the spring he saw deer bones lying all around in front of the cabin. When he steped into the covered porch, there was a litter of mt. lion kittens. He said he hustled back to the truck kinda real fast like and got his rifle. So he went into town and when he came back the kittens were gone.

Hey, cats don't like the sound of pipes too much do they. hmmm :really:
djm

Post by djm »

Sorry, but my cats love the sound of pipes, and will curl up under my chair just to groove on the drones. There's several people around here who keep and breed cougars for pets (teeth and claws filed, of course). Perhaps you could start your own business up there. We could call you Claude. :wink:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

djm wrote:We could call you Claude. :wink:
Sounds catachresic.

(off to seattle now)
tansy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by tansy »

Best to you Lorenzo, whenever I hear that name I think of PIPES. I know you are in for the time of yur life, Ive been a lyin' around on a sailboat too long to get that near to the sky, but I can almost smell the mountain air.
:party: Tansy
shy the blond water
L42B

Post by L42B »

dang it, just mist the chance for a descent set of uilleann pipes.

Cheers L42B :D
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

This set is sold. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
jqpublick

Post by jqpublick »

Good for you, Lorenzo. Enjoy the space between the notes.

Mark
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

jqpublick wrote:Good for you, Lorenzo. Enjoy the space between the notes.

Mark
A very nice Langan/Hutchinson sentiment... I hope I have that correct. :D
phcook

Post by phcook »

Just to complete:

Patrick Molard plays a Williams D set with AF chanter, right. He also plays a C# set, entirely made by AF.

Best wishes
Breizh soner
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

Lorenzo wrote:I've heard that only two AF sets are being played regularly in public...
One more with Alain's pipes on the stage:
http://www.locrian.com.au/horizon/horizon_music.html