Pictures of Your Pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

PJ wrote:
The Sporting Pitchfork wrote:...Am I the only one who misread this as "The jalapenos and fork are for sale" ?
Isn't that what Joseph wanted to buy when he asked about the waiting list?
Why yes, yes it is..... Jalapenos with the fork.... bring it on BABY!!!!
Davey
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

un hunh

Post by Davey »

Tony wrote:We're nearing 60 pages and the side conversations are outweighing the pictures of pipes.

Let's stay focused.
Hmmm...and who, PRAY TELL, do we have to blame for that?!

Hmmm......hmm....could be?

The prosecution rests it's case.
Joseph E. Smith

Re: un hunh

Davey wrote:
Tony wrote:We're nearing 60 pages and the side conversations are outweighing the pictures of pipes.

Let's stay focused.
Hmmm...and who, PRAY TELL, do we have to blame for that?!

Hmmm......hmm....could be?

The prosecution rests it's case.
:oops: ....(*slinks away in embarrassment and shame*)
buskerSean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Post by buskerSean »

My Howard half set, anyone know how to get a bigger image on? I've done it through imageshack.us
rasp

Post by rasp »

yep
too many freaks, not enough circuses
texasbagpiper

Post by texasbagpiper »

Is that a sholder strap for your stock :o , I have an old Irish music book with pipers that have sholder straps attached to the drone stocks.... :adminok:
If you can make Uilleann Pipes, you deserve to.
Bruce Childress 2004
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Lovely half set, but I'm not so sure about the star spangled shoulder strap :P . How does it sound (the half set, not the strap) ?
PJ
buskerSean
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Post by buskerSean »

Thanks rasp, I'll try posting some more pics larger tomorrow. The strap is attached via a special ring on the stock, which can be rotated 360deg to get the position just right. I have found it invaluable in getting used to the weight of the drones after playing a practice set.

The reaction of other people seems pretty positive to the pipes. Over the Oxford folk fest sessions numerous people commented favourably. I may post some recordings up at some point this summer.
rasp

Post by rasp »

buskerSean wrote:Thanks rasp, I'll try posting some more pics larger tomorrow. The strap is attached via a special ring on the stock, which can be rotated 360deg to get the position just right. I have found it invaluable in getting used to the weight of the drones after playing a practice set.

The reaction of other people seems pretty positive to the pipes. Over the Oxford folk fest sessions numerous people commented favourably. I may post some recordings up at some point this summer.
nw, at the end of your url you had ".th.jpg" ya just had to dump the ".th" . by the way they are very nice pipes.
too many freaks, not enough circuses
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

buskerSean wrote:I may post some recordings up at some point this summer.
Looking forward to hearing it. :thumbsup:
PJ
Paddy Finn

Post by Paddy Finn »

HAHA! love the stars
....oh mother dear, i'm over here. And I never will come back, for what keeps me here's the reek o' beer, the ladies and the craic.
Joseph E. Smith

... just a suggestion to those who post pictures, try to edit down the size of your photos (500 pixels is good) before posting them.
It is kind of annoying to have to scroll sideways, up and down to read and view your posts.

Thank you soooooooooooo much. :D
ausdag

Post by ausdag »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:... just a suggestion to those who post pictures, try to edit down the size of your photos (500 pixels is good) before posting them.
It is kind of annoying to have to scroll sideways, up and down to read and view your posts.

Thank you soooooooooooo much. :D
and the file size....some of us are still on dial-up and anything over 300kb takes soo long to appear. :) Internet pics don't need to be more than 100kb anyway to be viewed clearly.
David (ausdag) Goldsworthy
http://ozuilleann.weebly.com/
irishpiper
Tell us something.: uyguyguyguygug;skdjvlsa fvla bnsldcv nasnc:sodv jcpoaenvpiseripsertnvpa epaoeunvasuepv; auenr;usaenrviusanrvueapr;gvoajneproivea[orivjae['oirvjnae['oirvnae'oirvnas'[oirvn'[aenv'[saepoirnv['soeirnv['sonv[oeirvn['oeirnv['oisenrv['oisernjv['oisenv[oiserntv[oisenjv[oisrjtb[oisrtj[bsirpotbosirnboisemfvo[sierfvmseoiv

Post by irishpiper »

WOW...I didn't know Howard made popping valves..just out of thought.. why did you spring for a popping valve?
daveboling

Post by daveboling »

Just to keep the "lookee what I got" tone going, here's the Kirk Lynch half-set I've been slaving away on...

The "one who must be obeyed" uses the pencil to let me know when its time to stop practicing. One pop on the ear usually gets my attention :boggle:

Best to all,

dave boling
I teleported home one night
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie's heart away
And I got Sidney's leg.
-- Douglas Adams

'Bundinn er bátlaus maðu'.