greenwood pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Tou-Che
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

greenwood pipes

Post by Tou-Che »

Hello, Im thinking about getting a halfset from david boisvert (greenwood pipes) if anyone out there can give me some feed back on his craftmanship that would be helpful thanks
WallyS
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Greenwood pipes

Post by WallyS »

David is both an artist and an artisan. His uilleann pipes (and whistles) are both beautiful in appearance and sound. He is meticulous in detail. He nutures, coaxes and loves his pipes into existence. Each of his instruments is special and intensely labored over. He is honest, trustworthy and punctual--if he says about 4 months--it'll be about 4 months, not 18 months. Because of their quality, his sets will both last and increase in value. His prices are very reasonable. You would not be making a mistake purchasing from Greenwood.
innerhand

Post by innerhand »

My C drones are arriving soon from David and the regs are followning. His whistle is very well made so I decided to go with his pipes!

my greenwood whistles.blackwood with antler fipple and another one in cocobolo.
Joseph E. Smith

Greenwood Pipes

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I have known David for over twenty years and I consider him a man of great character and outstanding integrity. I am a full time medical student and if it weren't for being financially strapped at this the time, I would most certainly order a set of pipes from David without a second thought. He puts a vast amount of care into everything he creates and will go to the ends of the Earth to see that any and all customers are satisfied with his craftsmanship. David Boisvet's work is well researched and refined, and with such masters as Tim Britton, Davy Stephenson, Phil Wardle and Bruce Childress for friends and mentors, how can you go wrong?
tompipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by tompipes »

Go for it!.
Theres a guy here in St. Louis, Tom Rayborn, that has a practise set from David. Really nice tone from the chanter and very well in tune with itself. Tom had some reed problems when he got the set first and David took the chanter back without hesitation and put a new reed in it and gave him a few spares too. I think he did some other work on it too, maybe he fine tuned one of the holes but he had the chanter back to Tom very quickly.
He's obvoiusly proud of his work and it is great. Mind you it was just a practise set that i saw so i can't really comment on his full sets but I'd say you couldn't go wrong though.
Tommy :wink:
Joseph E. Smith

Re: Tommypipes

Tommy's reply sounds like something David would do...go out of his way to ensure customer satisfaction. Greenwood pipes are more than an instrument for sale, knowing David, they are more like his children that he is introducing to the world...if that makes any sense without getting to mushy. By the way, Tommy, that's a great photo of a funky and typically metal-heavy set of Taylor pipes.
ojvoj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ojvoj »

It´s my photo.
There´s some more...

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... ight=ojvoj
Joseph E. Smith

Taylor pipes

Those are wonderful photos Ojvoj, thanks for sharing. Sooner or later I will figure out how to post photo images myself.
Joseph E. Smith

Back to Boisvert...

Sooner or later (the later being the most likely), I am going to order a full set of concert pipes out of cocobolo from David. He shares a similar love for the beautiful depth and richness of the grain and burgundy splendor that is cocobolo. If I may make a suggestion to 'stlcurtain6n5', entertain the notion of a cocobolo half set. Also, ask for boxwood mounts. I assure you they WILL be quite an elegant and attractive set of pipes!