Vpipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Piping Bulldog
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Vpipes

Post by Piping Bulldog »

Well, I just received a set of Vpipes, and I have to say.....they are pretty cool. After tweaking the settings, and getting used to the "feel", they play surprisingly close to my acoustic set (if you will). Now, of course they dont sound like my K&Q full set (either D or B), but I didnt expect them to. Will they take the place of that set, never, but will they be good for plugged in gigs...yes, good for days with bad "pipe-weather"...yes, good for gigs where I dont want expose my other pipes to questionable surroundings...yes. If you want an actual set of pipes maybe these wont be for you, but if you already have those and are looking for another "tool" in your bag, these things might be for you. The ordering process was easy and the build/delivery time was exactly what they said it would be.
boyd
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Sets in D and B by Rogge and flute by Olwell, whistles by Burke and Goldie. I have been a member for a very long time here. Thanks for reading.

Re: Vpipes

Post by boyd »

I wasn't sure if they were still making them/taking orders.

Might be useful if you put on a link to whatever website or email you have for the makers.

And an idea of cost/wait time would be useful to people too

Boyd

....nobody said this would be easy......

Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I was spammed yesterday by a notice the first piping CD entirely done on Vpipes is available.

I didn't read it. I hate spam and I even more hate musicians spamming me with their efforts.
My brain hurts

maki

Post by maki »

Mr.Gumby wrote:I was spammed yesterday by a notice the first piping CD entirely done on Vpipes is available.

I didn't read it. I hate spam and I even more hate musicians spamming me with their efforts.
For an minute there I thought you might be starting a Monty Python bit. :D
Piping Bulldog

Post by Piping Bulldog »

Jarlath.I
Tell us something.: I'm an uilleann piper currently living in Sitka AK. I am looking for information on piping and am looking forward to meet other pipers.

Post by Jarlath.I »

No pricing on the website that I see..... :really:
KevinCorkery

Post by KevinCorkery »

1490 euros plus VAT and delivery. It doesn't mention lead time though.
ferris54

Post by ferris54 »

Speaking to ramon recently, he tells me he's working on the regs now
Brazenkane

Post by Brazenkane »

I bought these early on. they really need to do the software update I recommended as there are still things not-uilleann going on re: the performance. Ramon said that they were goin to offer that this summer, and this summer is almost gone. I use mine exclusely for playing in the airplane, or when I'm waiting for a flight in the airport.They are very handy to practice in places or during times of the morning /night when you normally might have "obstacles." preventing such :D

I could never imagine listening to a record of the pipes. They good but not record-ready IMO.

One serious oversight, considering this was made for practicing predominantly (again IMO) was not to include an audio in. If you're trying to figure out tunes you have to constantly take the Vpipes headphones off, and put the ipod (or whatever) head phones on...INSTEAD OF, just going from the tune source into the hardware itself, so you can hear both the V and the tunes you're trying to figure out!!!
Give a man a wooden reed and he'll play in the driest of weather,
Teach a man to make a wooden reed,
and the both of ye will go insane!