budget music rooms in Paris?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Ardernhb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

budget music rooms in Paris?

Post by Ardernhb »

hello!

I've just begun learning (2 weeks!) with a new Dave Shaw practice set and it's going great! I'm in Paris now though and the problem is I live in a room that's around 9m2 in the top of an old french building. I didn't quite realised I would be living in such a tiny place when I order the pipes but ah well gotta deal with what you've got. (funnily enough the room did come with one of those piping st...eh folding seats mentioned in a previous post!)

There's a really active association here so I go to them but I can't for normal practice day to day.

Has anyone lived in Paris and found cheap music rooms? I've found a couple between €10-15 an hour but being a student spending that on top of lessons adds up! My guess is €10 will be the best I find but thought it was worth asking if anyone knows somewhere cheaper!

Otherwise I'll just have to silently practice working the bellows and fingering the chanter and hope that counts for something!

cheers!

Ardern
reedmasters

Re: budget music rooms in Paris?

Post by reedmasters »

Love Paris!!! I lived there in the early 70's for a few months. I used to busk in the Metro with my GHB and did quite well. You could try the square in front of Notre Dame. You could make a little money or make some contacts as well as get a little practice in.
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: budget music rooms in Paris?

Post by MTGuru »

I'd introduce yourself at one of the sessions in Paris and ask the players. You'll find sympathy for your situation, and maybe one of them can offer or suggest a room. After all, they have to practice, too, so they're in the same boat.

Or there's always vPipes ... :wink:

Bonne chance !
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.