FS: McGee Eb Rudall Perfected

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
crookedtune
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: McGee Eb Rudall Perfected

Post by crookedtune »

https://app.box.com/s/m4v2yy2adn394fibq7vc

This was offered up a couple of months ago, and didn't sell. It's really a lovely flute, but I'm no longer able to play, and everything must go. I'll give it a few days here, and then off to eBay with it.

Here's the scoop:
Keyless blackwood flute in Eb. Marked #652. Made by Terry McGee, of Canberra, Australia.
Rudall Perfected model, with two-semicircle embouchure, integrated foot, silver rings, MK IV tuning slide. Outstanding custom oak case also made by Terry. Essentially mint condition -- no cracks, repairs, scuffs, etc... And remember, Terry is not taking orders for new flutes at this time, so his great flutes are hard to come by! I liked this one enough that I later bought a six-keyed D Rudall Perfected to match. Definitely world-class Irish flutes!

Terry provided the following information: “Made for Ian Stewart, here in Australia, picked up on 19 March 2007”.
Price when new was approximately $1200. I'm looking for $1000, shipping included, but will only ship within U.S. (Too many bad memories!).
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde