FS Hammy Unkeyed Flute with free Dixon Flute.

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
mukade
antispam: No

FS Hammy Unkeyed Flute with free Dixon Flute.

Post by mukade »

Due to some health issues I am forced to end my 24 year playing relationship with Irish trad.
A sad thing, but I have decided to put my energies into some other things.
I was in hospital for a month earlier this year, and I was hoping to still play when I came out, but it has proved more difficult than I thought.

Anyway, I have a couple of flutes to find a new home. An un-keyed Hammy and a Tony Dixon.
I bought this Hammy from another chiffer, Romulo, in 2008. Just before I got the flute a Yamaha flute tech had re-corked the the flute and it has been kept in good condition since then. There are no cracks or dints.
We all know what Hammys are like. Big holes, big sound. Great flutes.

To sweeten the deal, I will include the Tony Dixon flute.
I think he stopped making wooden flutes. It isn't in the same class as the Hammy, but it is a nice little tooter.
A couple of years back, I lent it to a friend and it came back with a missing brass ring. Other than that it is in good condition. The buyer can probably contact Dixon to get a replacement ring.

I am asking $1000 USD.
I live in Japan, so postage and insurance will be extra, but not a huge amount.
I will ship by EMS.

Some pictures here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/n57z8ucsx3ju ... Qy6oSsza#/

If you have any questions, send me a message through Chiff or to mukade (AT) jalafa.net

[ Fixed picture link. - Mod ]
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: FS Hammy Unkeyed Flute with free Dixon Flute.

Post by s1m0n »

I don't have a grand to spend on a flute but I'm sorry to hear of your health issue, unquote. I doubt you'd be selling instruments if you expected a complete recovery but I wish you the best possible outcome. And whatever happens may the joy of music always be with you.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: FS Hammy Unkeyed Flute with free Dixon Flute.

Post by s1m0n »

PPS: Your dropbox link has been truncated by the board software. Try posting it again in a [ code ] box.

[ Fixed it. - Mod ]
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis