FS: Metallic Green Howard Low D - SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
The Laughing Imp
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Metallic Green Howard Low D - SOLD

Post by The Laughing Imp »

I hate to part with this beauty, but I can't play it. My fingers are too thin to comfortably make a seal and I gave myself RSI with the effort. I played it for two months, then kept it sealed in its case for the past two years (purchased in Dec. 2008). Now that I'm healed, I don't dare give into temptation. Hopefully, somebody here can help me with that. :)

This is a metallic green Howard Low D whistle with the new style head. Comes with an official Howard plastic case. No marks, dings, or scuffs. It didn't get much use before I had to put it away.

They sell £117.91 new, which is $183.47 as of today. I'm asking $100 or best offer. Shipping is free if you meet my asking price. Feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks for looking.

From the Howard Music website:
Howard Low Whistles have been made since the early 1970's and the present design was first put on sale in 1985. The design has been constantly improved since.

The tone is of a haunting quality (for airs), it takes little air (jigs and reels), it moves easily and solidly between octaves with some dynamics (you can play loud or soft without loosing tuning. The tuning is excellent over two full octaves.

The barrel is made of specially drawn thin wall brass tube with an ABS (high grade resin) head.
The head is movable for tuning with a reference line incised around the barrel to give a tuning visual aid.

Apart from the nickel-plated and the un-lacquered brass barrels the other whistles are coated with various colours. This is achieved by covering the surface with a fine powder and then the barrel is heated to fuse the powder onto the surface giving a long lasting attractive surface.
This also has the advantage of insulating the whistle so once it has warmed up it stays warm.
The "powder coating" also adds a non-slip quality to the whistle giving a firm grip without excessive strain on thumb joints.
Lovin' life with my Burke DBS

Looking for a Clarke Enchanted Tinwhistle (http://is.gd/1nPK). PM me if you have one for sale...
The Laughing Imp

Re: FS: Metallic Green Howard Low D - Updated

PayPal accepted (and preferred).

Offer of free shipping only applies to addresses within the USA.

Looking for a Clarke Enchanted Tinwhistle (http://is.gd/1nPK). PM me if you have one for sale...
The Laughing Imp

Re: FS: Metallic Green Howard Low D - SOLD

This whistle has sold (dang it). Thanks for your interest.