Weekly Flute Workshop w/h Harry Bradley, Dublin.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Harry
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Weekly Flute Workshop w/h Harry Bradley, Dublin.

Post by Harry »

Hello, folks.

I'm starting up a weekly flute workshop in Na Píobairí Uilleann, Henrietta Street, Dublin 1 on Monday the 9th of March at 7pm. The workshop will run every Monday (except during the Easter break) for 10 weeks.

The focus will be on improving tone, mastering articulation to create good rhythm and phrasing, focusing/giving attention to what we're doing when we play and, of course, nice flutey tunes! I'll be asking participants to select one piece to focus on in particular and I'll give them on-going feedback on their playing of it as the 10 week term progresses. In this way we'll explore the levels of detail and attention required to bring a tune up to the standard for good solo performance.

There may be two classes (depending on the response), one for more experienced players/learners, and one that will go at a more relaxed pace.

The cost of the 10 weeks of classes is E100 (payable in advance on the first Monday).

There is also a limited amount of spaces for one-to-one tuition.

Email me to book a place: harrybradley[at]eircom.net

Feel free to pass this on to anyone who may be interested. Thanks! :thumbsup:
"[insert quote here]" -- A. Page

Piping podcast: http://errantelbows.podbean.com/
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Weekly Flute Workshop w/h Harry Bradley, Dublin.

Post by chas »

Of all the times not to live in Dublin. . . I'm totally jealous of anyone who gets to spend ten workshop sessions with Harry Bradley.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.