Tipple Flutes, a low cost option.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Tipple Flutes, a low cost option.

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Enda Seery, a professional flutist in Streamstown, Co. Westmeath, Ireland recently purchased a Tipple low C pvc flute. After opening the box he sat down and recorded a video of him playing a slow air.At my website site on the "audio files page" you will find other videos and mp3 files that he has recorded with my flute. I'm proud of the way that my flute sounds in his hands. Blackwood, pvc, it's pretty hard to tell the difference, in my opinion, however there is a big difference in the price.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UJiOL7BhWc
maracirac
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Tipple Flutes, a low cost option.

Post by maracirac »

sounds great ....!
marin
maki
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by maki »

Tipple flutes are great, so is Enda Seery.
OldHag
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by OldHag »

I've started to play with them. They are really good for their price...!
gariwerd

Post by gariwerd »

I wanted a B flute to play with pipes. I know they are a challenge because of their size so I thought I'll get a Tipple flute first to see if I can manage it before I spend the big bucks on a wooden one. Well, I've found out that I can manage it and I also found I don't need to spend the big bucks. The Tipple flute plays just wonderfully and is very easy to look after. The black plastic in colour and lustre looks amazingly similar to blackwood too. I enjoy playing it just as much as my big name wooden d flutes. All power to your elbow Doug, no one need play a crappy instrument just because they can't afford it.
keithsandra
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by keithsandra »

Now that the primary importance of materials to flute tone is scientifically accepted as a subjective fallacy, can we at last acknowledge that the only reason Doug Tipple's pvc flutes are not accepted as among the very best is because of the remaining damage done to their reputation by their price?

Best wishes,

Keith.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Thanks for your kind comments, fellows. However, with regard to the question of comparing my cylindrical-bore pvc flutes to good-quality conical-bore flutes that most traditional Irish musicians play, I have the comments of a couple of first-class flute players, as well as my own, discussing this issue on the FAQ page at my website. This question and answer is about half-way down on the page. http://tippleflutes.com/frequently-asked-questions/
FascinatedWanderer

Post by FascinatedWanderer »

keithsandra wrote:Now that the primary importance of materials to flute tone is scientifically accepted as a subjective fallacy, can we at last acknowledge that the only reason Doug Tipple's pvc flutes are not accepted as among the very best is because of the remaining damage done to their reputation by their price?

Best wishes,

Keith.
I believe the short answer to your question is "no". Unless it was rhetorical, in which case, carry on.