FS Aebi 3 keyed Boxwood flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
yvie
antispam: No

FS Aebi 3 keyed Boxwood flute

Post by yvie »

Hell everyone :D

I had withdrawn the Aebi a few weeks back, but my pre-booked Violin/fiddle lessons are about to come to a close, so I really need to sell the Aebi, as the violin lessons
are coming on great and I am improving, I have taken some fresh pictures, this time hopefully showing the chip on the lowest tennon, I had it with my repair guy who said due to its position it was difficult to fix, or dificult for any repair to not just come off, the chip is on the very end of the tennon, were there is a raised band of wood, which the thread wrappings butt up against, its a section of the raised lip that is missing, the tennon is very strong and it has no effect on the connection.

I was originally looking at offers around £1000, but I will accept any decent offer around £800, or a decent whistle and some cash, as £80 gets me a months worth of Violin tuition, so £800 would see me through to the end of the year.

some new pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

its a Thomas Aebi flute in D with three keys made of silver (f - nat ) (G#) (Bb ) the flute is made of a lovelly boxwood, 5 sections fully lined head joint, lined tuning barrel three piece body with short foot joint, the flute is a rudall copy in the style of an Astor flute, beautiful sound, the tennon rings are in immitation Ivory and I have just had the threads re-threaded, there is a chip on the flutes lowest tennon joint, but it is very strong and does not effect the connection or sound and is not weak at all, I only mention it to be totally transparent about the condition.

the keys are block mounted and have been cut from a solid piece of silver not cast, and they are also in the style of an astor flute (flat ) keys of that period, the flute is really nice to hold and has a lovelly lightweight feel, as far as I can see there is no warpage, I have a few images I can e-mail, but need a day or so to take more detailed pics, I paid £1200 and the new price on the Aebi site with the three keys is £1800, i'm based in the UK, I can ship worlwide, although on previous occasions the cost of postage has always been an issue with overseas sales, but I am willing to work with any prospective buyer to achieve a good cost effective delivery, if based in the UK you are welcome to try out the flute I am based in west sussex, but can meet up in Billingshurts, guildford, or brighton.

thanks again Yvie
Last edited by yvie on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Re: FS Aebi 3 keyed Boxwood flute

Post by Loren »

FWIW, the chipped tenon is not terribly difficult to repair. There are several options, the most durable would be to sleeve the entire tenon. Relatively simple for a competent flute maker, but not the sort of thing a typical brass/woodwind repair person would be familiar with. Some flute makers and most good recorder makers could do it without a problem.
yvie

Post by yvie »

Sold :( :)

[ See next post. - Mod ]
yvie

Re: FS Aebi 3 keyed Boxwood flute - fully repaired

Post by yvie »

Hi All,

well it was old, then it all went pear shaped so to speak, long story...............

so I have taken Lorens advice, the chipped tennon has been restored by a woodwind i.e clarinet flute restorer, using a brass band on the end of the tennon, so it's now a super strong tennon, he has sent me some pics of the repair and it looks great, I will upload them tommorow.

link to new repaired picks in the used instruments section
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=92796

so the flute is back on the market in lovely condition

all offers considered around £800 or trades, just let me know what you have...?

thanks Yvie :)
yvie

Post by yvie »

bumpity bump, all offers considered, whistles, violin
see link for repaired tennon ---

thanks yvie
yvie

Post by yvie »

bump :D
Sam_T
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Sam_T »

Hi Yvie

I sent you an email last week. Did you receive it? Let me know how best to reach you..

Sam
yvie

Post by yvie »

BUMP -
PLEASE SEE THE REPAIRS, LINK BELOW, THE IMAGES AT THE TOP STILL SHOW THE DAMAGE TO TE TENNON, WHICH IS NOW REPAIRED.