FS: Sweetheart Rosewood flute in D - $175 (SOLD)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
bayswater
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Sweetheart Rosewood flute in D - $175 (SOLD)

Post by bayswater »

Sweetheart Rosewood flute in D (concert pitch) with faux-ivory rings, serial number 1175. In great condition, and has been well cared for. No cracks or other damage. It has a very beautiful sound, has a nice low D and is in general very easy to play. I bought if from another board member 6 or 7 years ago. It came with the retro-style, I'm guessing home made, bag (see the "more photos" link below), which is included.

Sound clips/samples (well, video):
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoh6mgqJ4Lw (Ookpik Waltz)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07E-bq1CPWQ (jigs; Eavesdropper and Come December)
(more samples on the youtube channel or in the footer of this posting)

More photos: http://imageshack.us/g/29/dsc01769hq.jpg/

Price: $175 (which is less than half price of a new flute). Ralph does not make these flutes in rosewood any more, but if I recall the price for rosewood was $375. Shipping not included. I'll be sending it from Denmark, Europe to give you an idea of the cost.

Best wishes,
Brian
woodfluter
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: FS: Sweetheart Rosewood flute in D - $175

Post by woodfluter »

This is probably a very decent price for this instrument. Including overseas shipment.

My very first wooden flute was a Sweetheart one-key in rosewood of similar appearance. Purchased in 1991. Just last week (! really !) I got motivated to add a Cnat. thumbhole and shape a flattened place for my LH first finger base - which is in line with what I'd done with some other flutes I have. I bothered with that because I figured it was worth playing in some contexts. Many years earlier I adjusted some toneholes and perhaps (can't recall for sure, but probably) worked on the embouchure a tad.

Earlier Ralph Sweet efforts varied, but the better ones were (IMO) either pretty good or could be tweaked to be so. The rosewood timbers on these was really nice. This is a bargain.

- Bill
bayswater
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: FS: Sweetheart Rosewood flute in D - $175

Post by bayswater »

woodfluter wrote:This is probably a very decent price for this instrument. Including overseas shipment.

My very first wooden flute was a Sweetheart one-key in rosewood of similar appearance. Purchased in 1991. Just last week (! really !) I got motivated to add a Cnat. thumbhole and shape a flattened place for my LH first finger base - which is in line with what I'd done with some other flutes I have. I bothered with that because I figured it was worth playing in some contexts. Many years earlier I adjusted some toneholes and perhaps (can't recall for sure, but probably) worked on the embouchure a tad.

Earlier Ralph Sweet efforts varied, but the better ones were (IMO) either pretty good or could be tweaked to be so. The rosewood timbers on these was really nice. This is a bargain.

- Bill
Thank you for that!

Sale pending.