Somone got a good deal!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Jon C.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Somone got a good deal!

Post by Jon C. »

Firth, Hall and Pond in Cocuswood with silver keys for $451.00! Must not buy more flutes, but geez...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280814233747?ru ... 3D1&_rdc=1
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Hoovorff
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Somone got a good deal!

Post by Hoovorff »

Goodness gracious! Why can I never find deals like that? :-?
Latticino

Post by Latticino »

I was tracking that one as well, but decided not to go for it due to the headjoint issues (and the fact that I already have more than enough flutes). Also wasn't completely certain of the pitch (though I know typically American flutes of that era work fine in modern pitch more often than not). Not really enough info from original owner to be sure (just overall length).

No doubt once it is repaired it will be a great flute, but I hope it went to someone who can take care of that headjoint split under the lip band properly.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Steven Wright

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
Baron Munchausen
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

That someone isn't you? Jon???? Confess!!! :D
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Aanvil wrote:That someone isn't you? Jon???? Confess!!! :D
No I am still paying off the last one... :puppyeyes:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon