FS: Copley Boxwood F Flute & Olwell Bamboo A (SOLD)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
JessieK
antispam: No

FS: Copley Boxwood F Flute & Olwell Bamboo A (SOLD)

Post by JessieK »

I need to raise some money for a new spinning wheel. :) I'd like to be paid through PayPal. Prices include shipping to anywhere (insured in the US, not insured worldwide). Please email me: jessie AT madefromcoins DOT com. Without further ado...

Larger Version of Photo: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4085/484 ... 9a1f_b.jpg

Copley Boxwood F Flute with all solid Sterling Silver appointments (tuning slide and rings): On one of my visits to Dave and Marlene, Dave handed me his blackwood F to try and it was m.a.g.n.i.f.i.c.e.n.t! I bought it on the spot (he was a little disappointed, as it was his flute, but he assured me he'd make himself another one). This was back when I thought that one of something was never enough, and I needed three versions of the perfect F flute. I custom ordered a pink ivory one and the boxwood one. I got them almost a year later (I am thrilled that Dave is doing so well that he has a waiting list so long). I really did love them all. The design (on all of them) is perfect. They are amazing players. I sold the pink ivory one a while ago, when I needed to raise money for something. This boxwood one smells great (I am a sucker for boxwood)! I provided the wood for this flute. I'd been holding onto it for years, thinking maybe I'd get a flutemaking workshop together. That isn't going to happen. But it's lovely wood. Somewhat mismatched, but you can hardly notice, because the patina is building up. A couple more years and it will be darker golden yellow-orange. A beautiful, delightful flute. It's pure and sweet in tone, and it will go where you want to take it. I will accept $890. I'm not open to lower offers.

Larger Version of Photo: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4124/484 ... bed2_b.jpg

Olwell Bamboo A: This was my first flute ever. Really. Well, actually, I got it with an Olwell Bamboo D. I have held onto this one for over 10 years. It has some almost unnoticeable green marks on it that have been there since the beginning (they always helped me to identify it). It's positively lovely, in every way. I will sell it for $380.

Again, please email me: jessie AT madefromcoins DOT com. :)
~JessieD
JessieK

Re: FS: Copley Boxwood F Flute & Olwell Bamboo A

Post by JessieK »

For some reason, the forum is not allowing me to edit the above post (I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that someone tried to break into my account - I have a pretty good guess as to who it was). The Copley Boxwood F flute is sold.
~JessieD
I.D.10-t

Re: FS: Copley Boxwood F Flute & Olwell Bamboo A

Post by I.D.10-t »

Things have changed over the years. Posts now can only be edited 3 or so days after first posted. This is a board change and nothing more. A PM to one of the moderators would probably get you more accurate and detailed information.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
JessieK

Re: FS: Copley Boxwood F Flute & Olwell Bamboo A (SOLD)

Post by JessieK »

Oh! Thanks for the info. :)
~JessieD