Visiting Dublin

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Re: Visiting Dublin

Post by Unseen122 »

Thats the way to do it, they will charge full price if they can get away with it but if you hand them 1.50 after the pints pulled they can't really do much.

Padre, I find the pints vary in there I have gotten amazing pints but I have gotten ones that were nearly undrinkable as well. I think it depends on the barman you get it off of and how busy the place is.

benhall you'd be welcome to come to my session as well if your ever in Dublin on a Wednesday night.

Looking forward to meeting another Chiffer in the flesh Mahan. I think I have seen the concertina woman you speak of shes out there all the time.
Podge

Post by Podge »

Unseen, I left the priesthood quite some time ago. I usually drink bottles of beer, never pints. Its safer, believe me. The Guinness is always top notch.

Did you ever get your McGee flute or are you still playing the Martin Doyle ?
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I haven't gotten the McGee yet so I'm still on the Doyle. I emailed Terry not too long ago for an update, but I haven't heard back yet.
Podge

Post by Podge »

How did it go last night ?
mahanpots
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mahanpots »

Well, I had a great time. I played with two guys from France in the back of O'Donoghue's. They had just flown over to Dublin that afternoon and stumbled into the pub for something to eat but were talked into playing some music by some patrons of the pub. They finally got something to eat, and that's when I heard the regular session starting up at the front of the pub. So, I moved up to the front. I was welcomed, and I introduced myself to Unseen (a fine flute player). I left kind of early (11:30 I think) as I had been walking around Dublin all day and was exhausted. One of the French guys was just starting to play some on his whistle. I played a few of my tunes, but as usual I didn't know a lot of the tunes being played. I was familiar with some. Nice session with pipes, whistle, flute, guitar (song) and bodhran. I think I may have left just as the session was really getting underway.
Olwell Pratten.
Paddy Cronin's Jig
Limestone Rock, Silver Spear
Blasting, billowing, bursting forth with the power of 10 billion butterfly sneezes