The Irish Flute Player's Handbook

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
plamas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

The Irish Flute Player's Handbook

Post by plamas »

At last the second edition of 'The Irish Flute Player's Handbook' is published and is now available.
This new edition, brings the first edition published in 1990 up to date, and although in the same format, contains much new information, as well as a new section of colour plates.
The discography has been extended to 1990, which marks the last flute LP and the first original flute CD recordings.
The tutor section now has an accompanying CD, which has a couple of bonus tracks from my Moneymusk CD.
This time we have also published a limited edition of 250 signed and numbered hardback copies, which were initially offered to those people who had registered beforehand, but are now generally available.
Copies can be had, for the moment, directly from me. P & P is at cost. 

Hardback limited edition €50 plus  p & p Ireland-€10, UK & EU-€13,  Rest of World-€18.
Softback €35 plus  p & p Ireland-€5,     UK & EU-€10,   Rest of World-€13.

Also available is my new DVD - ROM on flute maintenance, which compliments the section on care and maintenance in the book, and also covers basic repairs such as re-corking and re-padding. DVD-ROM is €35 including post, but if bought in conjunction with either hard or softback book, special price of €25 will apply. (DVD is windows only for the moment)

Payment: 
Paypal ( using hammy@eircom.net)
Credit Card payment directly to me ( phone through card details)
Euro Cheque drawn on an Irish bank.

All the Best
Hammy Hamilton
Hamilton Flutes, Cúil Aodha, Macroom, Co. Cork. Ireland 353(0)26 45209 Mob. 086 8244583 http://www.hamiltonflutes.com
hammy@eircom.net
herbivore12
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: The Irish Flute Player's Handbook

Post by herbivore12 »

Great news, and congratulations Hammy!

I've already zipped over to PayPal and put in my order, for a book and your DVD, and look forward to spending a few evenings enjoying both. Thanks for sharing your research and experience with the rest of us.
Bran Ruz
antispam: No

Re: The Irish Flute Player's Handbook

Post by Bran Ruz »

Very interesting to read and full of excellent advices ( and the DVD also ) , I liked the chapters on the history of the flute and the origin of its development in irish traditional music. :thumbsup: