FS: 2 Fifes - One Rosewood Bb & One Grenadilla Crosby C!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Suzie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: 2 Fifes - One Rosewood Bb & One Grenadilla Crosby C!

Post by Suzie »

I keep getting more things in and now I want them out!! Something recently came up and I have a bunch of stuff to sort through, etc. and do NOT need to worry about getting rid of stuff and getting it out when more is coming in! ARGH!

I know this isn't a Boehm site so I'll leave that stuff to anyone wishing to PM about anything Boehm (including piccolos, I think! ARGH!)!

Anyhow, I have the following for sale which may appease some of you folks in C+F land!

1 - a no-name Bb rosewood fife w/ standard length brass ferrules... I predict it was made around the early 1900s as it is quite similar to a rosewood fife I had for years (sold it last year) which had a story dating to around the 1920s. [Here's the rosewood fife I sold last yr when I sold out my collection - http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/hdjkstr/rosy/ - which went for $85 + shipping @ auction]
eBay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=019

1 - a Geo. Cloos Crosby model in C, made of Grenadilla/Ebony, beautiful finish but had a crack repaired which was well done... has initials 'W' and 'R' carved into the ferrules (one per each) which was done by the original owner (so the story goes!) - Best Offer

ALSO, I almost forgot about the 1-key C ebony/grenadilla flute (4 pieces, I stuck it in a box with some other stuff before the house turned into a mess!) that appears to be of German origin. I believe the barrel has a crack in it (I'll be hunting it down by the end of this post!) and the crown is chipped up but the wood appeared nice (during the 5mins I looked at it a few days ago!!).

Photos may be available upon request however no guarantees as I'm awaiting a replacement camera which won't be here until Monday.

Happy fluting! Thanks! -Suzie