M&E flutes made in Pakistan? No. Wrong.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: M&E flutes made in Pakistan? No. Wrong.

Post by Nanohedron »

Latticino wrote:Thanks Mods,

I was very sorry to see this particular thread resurrected. The original topic line was a little sensationalist to prompt feedback, and I thought I adequately explained that in the body of my posts. Just wanted some clarification regarding the article that prompted the OP, where someone from M&E talked about reworking flute blanks. As stated before I doubted that this was the case, was just looking for more info.
No black mark on you, Latticino. :)

A concerned Chiffer brought it to my attention - and rightly so, I think - that newcomers seeing the title might jump to wrong conclusions unless the title were amended. That's all. No biggie. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
tucson_whistler

Post by tucson_whistler »

it's true, thanks Nanohedron, i think sometimes people aren't aware of what the effect of a headline like that can be. if you google M&E flutes, the a result from C&F comes out on the first page... something like that can kill you.

Especially with the economy being the way it is right now; i think the last thing anyone would want to do is hurt someone else's business...

anyway, no blood no foul. :)

cheers,
eric
Sindt D | Gene Milligan blackwood D | Burke low D | Olwell keyless blackwood Eb/D/C flute
http://shakespeareanreview.com/
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

If you really want someone to thank, thank pmcallis for pointing it out. He's da man. :thumbsup:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
sjcavy
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Post by sjcavy »

Mark is a friend of mine, and also a professor at Marquette University where I attend. He's really really open to any questions, so don't be afraid to ask.
Just a newbie making his way through the world.