Hello and a question to the C&F community.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
christyob
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Hello and a question to the C&F community.

Post by christyob »

Hello C&F members - first time post so be gentle. First off, I've been playing whistle for sometime now and took up flute in 2006 (Seery Derlin which I love). I am looking to move up to a wooden flute - however, I have a son going off to college and I have to be careful with the funds. I have a couple of whistles that I might sell to fund the flute but unsure as to what I might get for them. One of the whistles I purchased in Tipperary Town back in 1981 looks like an Overton (low G), it's shaped like an Overton, however it does not have the Overton name engraved only a G at the bottom of the whistle. Any ideas? The second is a Chiefton High D which I've played about twice since I bought it - love to play my Burke whistles instead. Anyway I love reading the topics and the music shared by C&F members. At some point I'll share some tunes - once I figure out how to get them on the computer.

Thanks a million, Christy

P.S. I'm a transplanted Limerick man living in W Mass.
Suzie

Post by Suzie »

I don't know about whistles but I'd suggest deleting this message and putting it on here:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewforum.php?f=1

May get you some info that way! Good luck! -Suzie
greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Sent you a PM (private message) Christy.
Suzie wrote:I don't know about whistles but I'd suggest deleting this message and putting it on here:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewforum.php?f=1

May get you some info that way! Good luck! -Suzie
Well, he could repost his questions about the whistles on the Whistle Forum, yes, but he can't delete this because you posted after him, Suzie.

But Chirsty could ask some questions about the types of flutes that would suit him here!
~~~~
Barry
irish69

Post by irish69 »

Does the Overton-esqe whistle sound like an Overton, or just look like one? I've seen some Pakistani made whistles that look like Overtons but sound terrible. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it? The Pakistani ones usually go fairly cheap.
"Without music, life would be an error."
Friedrich Nietzsche