I released my first CD in the Catskills last week!

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
joshD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by joshD »

Hello everyone,

Just recovering from the Catskills week and thought I would announce that I with help from a couple of friends released my first CD "The Long Trip Home". Let me know what you think. I put three of the 15 tracks up on my file sharing site.

Sean McComiskey - Accordion, Jim Eagan - Fiddle and Brendan Bell - Flute are playing with me on these tracks. I supplied the Flute and guitar accomp. Hope you enjoy.

http://homepage.mac.com/joshuadukes/FileSharing9.html :D
Last edited by joshD on Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liney Bear
antispam: No

Re: I released my first CD in the Catskills last week!

Post by Liney Bear »

joshD wrote:Hello everyone,

Just recovering from the Catskills week and thought I would announce that I with help from a couple of friends released my first CD "The Long Trip Home". Let me know what you think. I put three of the 15 tracks up on my file sharing site.

Sean McComiskey - Accordion, Jim Eagan - Fiddle and Brendon Bell - Flute are playing with me on these tracks. I supplied the Flute and guitar accomp. Hope you enjoy.

http://homepage.mac.com/joshuadukes/FileSharing9.html :D
Absolutely superb. When I know the details of your album release, you'll have a fistful of my cash.

Outstanding playing.
rama
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

Post by rama »

gorgeous playing, sounds great, well done!
Irish Marine

Loved it.

Post by Irish Marine »

Really enjoyed that Josh. Nicely played, especially that first set you have listed!
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

That's great! Are you hoping it'll meet another CD and breed?
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
joshD

Post by joshD »

Man If it were only that easy! :lol: :)
joshD

Post by joshD »

Thanks everyone. Celtic Grooves will be carrying it starting on Wednesday if you are interested www.celticgrooves.homestead.com/CGhome.html Im just glad that you all enjoyed it. It sucks pretty hard when people don't enjoy your music. :D
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

All wisecracks aside, it sounds great! Is "10,000 goodbuy's" an intentional pun (ie, buy/bye) ? If it is, is there a story to go with it?
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
joshD

Post by joshD »

Funny you say that. I was typing and was not paying attention. Should be Goodbye's. :lol:
Liney Bear

Post by Liney Bear »

joshD wrote:Funny you say that. I was typing and was not paying attention. Should be Goodbye's. :lol:
I hate to sound like a gearhead or a name-brander, but could you say what sort of flute you were playing? I think you've figgered out its nuances quite nicely.
joshD

Post by joshD »

Sure Liney

I have a Olwell Nicholson 8 key un-lined Boxwood. I love it to death. They make such good flutes on top of being super people!
Liney Bear

Post by Liney Bear »

joshD wrote:Sure Liney

I have a Olwell Nicholson 8 key un-lined Boxwood. I love it to death. They make such good flutes on top of being super people!
Ya don't say? (not about the Olwell clan being super cool, I agree, as a fellow member of the Olwell brotherhood, although my signature clips feature much more modest instruments). Is the entire instrument/apparatus, including the bottom two keys made by Patrick and company? I didn't know he was doing any 8 key models. Who do I have to kill to get one?

You sure know how to make that thing hum. Nice work. You are someone from whom almost all of us could learn a tremendous amount. I'm eager to get my hands on your recording.

Is playing Irish music your profession? Can you say which players or experiences have had a strong influence on your development?

I've been browsing the forums since about 2001, but only recently been posting, and I must say, your level of accomplishment, in my opinion, is pretty much second to none on these boards. Right up there with Sylvain Barou, Harry Bradley, Ben Power, and Brad Hurley. I myself have not been to Ireland since, unfortunately, 2002, and am long overdue for some refresher coursework.

Folks, Josh D is a real VIP and should be treated as such.

May I PM you?

best,
Gordon
Last edited by Liney Bear on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Awesome! Absolutely awesome! I've been a fan since I heard your recording at the Clips'n'Snips page, which is still one of my all time favorites (Eavesdropper and own composition).

All the best,
Brian
gorjuswrex

Post by gorjuswrex »

Lushous. Those botom D's are oozing.

Kevin
treeshark

Post by treeshark »

Really nice stuff, thank you, I love the Munster Grass, very familiar, does it have another name?