FS - Casey Burns Boxwood Folk Flute & Sweetheart in Cher

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Sam_T
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

FS - Casey Burns Boxwood Folk Flute & Sweetheart in Cher

Post by Sam_T »

As per the title, two very nice flutes for sale. Reason for sale is pure economic pragmatism – last week I took possession of a beautiful new 4-key flute from Gilles Lehart, and I can’t justify retaining the collection!

The Folk Flute is from the first boxwood batch that Casey made. It’s been lovingly cared for, oiled and played-in gently since I received it in April, and is in perfect condition. It plays very easily, with the kind of warm, boxwoody sound you would expect from, er.. boxwood. Very light too, although seems to have relatively thick walls and so feels quite big in the hand (not uncomfortably so). Straight line holes. Comes with a soft fabric carrying pouch.

New, these are 375 USD plus shipping, plus - if you're a UK buyer - import duty. I’d like to get around 200 GBP for it.

The Sweetheart was bought last year from Cass (C&F board member). It’s made of cherry, and is incredibly lightweight (more so even than the Burns FF) and an easy player with a nice tone. Has one slight dent and one small scratch. I’m asking for 120 GBP, or a reasonable offer thereabouts.

I could send these anywhere, although buyer pays shipping. Anyone who can get to London is very welcome to try them out before buying.

Photos of both flutes available on request. Please send me a pm or an e-mail (sthompson at rcm.ac.uk).

Cheers
Sam
Sam_T

Re: FS - Casey Burns Boxwood Folk Flute & Sweetheart in Cher

Post by Sam_T »

I'm not sure if too much time has elapsed for this to qualify as a "bump"...

There wasn't much interest in these when I posted last July and in the event I decided to hang on to them. But I need to sell them now. so I'm trying again.

Both are still in the same condition as they were, barring a few more hours playing and an oil or two.

I'll leave the original post as it was, but I'm very happy to hear any reasonable offers. I'm keen to sell them fairly quickly so won't be hanging on for the absolute max price.

Thanks
Sam
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

I'd like to see a shot of the boxwood Burns FF.

What are you asking again?
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Sam_T

Post by Sam_T »

Here are a few pics. Sorry that the quality isn't fab - only had a camera phone to hand.

Price-wise, I'm afraid that I haven't really been keeping up with the second-hand market so don't have much sense of what is realistic. I was obviously a bit too ambitious last time around!

So... maybe around £175 for the Folk Flute and £90 for the Sweethart (+ shipping)? Both are great players and the Burns, in particular, is in "as new" condition. This isn't a fire sale, but I'm certainly open to offers.

Cheers
Sam
tormodwa

Post by tormodwa »

Hi, Sam,

I might be interested in one of them - do you have any soundclips, just to get an idea of sound or tembre differences?

How would you ship to the US (California)?

TWA
Belinor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Belinor »

I've sent a PM
Huh?
Sam_T

Post by Sam_T »

FF is now SOLD - thanks for looking everyone.

Tormodwa - drop me a PM if you are still interested in the Sweethart and I'll see what I can do about sound clips.
tormodwa

Post by tormodwa »

I Sent you a PM

TWA