Just another time warp

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Blackbeer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Just another time warp

Post by Blackbeer »

Well its good to see so many of the old croud still here. Still much good advise and not and good jokes and not and flute lore yes. I've been starting colts for the last couple of years and very much out of the loop as far as flute playing goes. Jim mentioned in one of his latest posts how inspiring this board is to the many struggling flute players around the world. Very true. My playing has suffered from lack of practice (though my spelling is still top notch) due to my emersion in trying to understand young horses. Well I have had enough of desert clime and have moved back to the coastal side of the state. I am now in search of a place for my horse and me to abide and have started to play the flute everyday. Can't believe how out of shape my lip is. One thing I didn't miss about this board was the constant temptation to buy just one more flute. Thanks to Jon C. I have what I think are a couple of very good flutes and of course I still have my Dixons and some other jewls so I think I will be safe reading other posts. Anyway, just thought I would say hi and its sure good to see you all again.

Take care;

Tom
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Man I wondered what had happened to you!
Please stay with us if you can. Jim
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

It is good to hear from you Tom.

I have missed your spelling,
it is so nice to have someone
that is so much worse than myself!

So, where are you now?

Best,
Denny
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Hi Denny; I'm just north of Bellingham. I live in my very small RV which I have been using for the last year and a half to travel around and work with horses. I left my horse on the other side of the mountains untill I find a place for us. It's raining like crazy right now and I'm loving it.
Hey Jim, as always I've woundered the same thing :wink: just flitting about.

take care;

Tom
Jayhawk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

Hi Tom - great to find you back and, I hope, in reasonably one piece after working with all those young horses! We've definitely missed you around here.

BTW - my wife is now working at her stable...pays for the cost of boarding. The great thing about shoveling poop all day, according to her, is you are truly your own boss and queen of all you survey... :P

Eric
Sillydill

Post by Sillydill »

HEY BLAST FROM THE PAST! :)

Welcome Back!
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

It's great to hear from you, Tom. Stay in touch!
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Hey Tom, nice to see your smiling face and your airplane again too! Though your smiling face makes me a little dizzy if I look at it for too long!

Have a good time rediscovering your flutes, and welcome back! :P
~~~~
Barry
Denny

Post by Denny »

Ah, we got our first Shire from Peggy's place when she was still near Linden.

Far enough from the metropolis...what should surround us, again, in a few more years.
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Hey, Tom. Good to hear you're back in the "civilized" part of the state. :wink:

You should easily be able to find boarding "out in the county" as we say. Mount Baker Highway and Highway 9 are good lodes to mine. Also Grandview and Birch Bay Lynden roads.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Blackbeer wrote:Hi Denny; I'm just north of Bellingham. I live in my very small RV which I have been using for the last year and a half to travel around and work with horses. I left my horse on the other side of the mountains untill I find a place for us. It's raining like crazy right now and I'm loving it.
Hey Jim, as always I've woundered the same thing :wink: just flitting about.

take care;

Tom
Welcome back Tom! There is a nice session in your neck of the woods. I am sure Becky and Phillip up there will love to have another flute player in the area.
I think I have the worst spilling on the siet! :D
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Nice to here from all you guys. Ya Aaron those are the places I've been looking. Only been here a few days now and I have some leads. By the way where is the music at in bellingburg?
Hey Jon hope things are going good for you. I have to get off this thing now. Playing phone tag with a horse lady.

Take care

Tom
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

Last I heard the B'ham session is at Skylark Cafe in Fairhaven. As you head towards the Alaska Ferry Terminal turn left at the red, double-decker bus. It happens roundabouts 7:30 pm on Sundays.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Welcome back Tom!
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Good to see you again, my friend, and glad the horse is still with you. :-)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.