What kind of flute?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Henke
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Henke »

:twisted:
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Jon made me one of his Derlin Prattens with silver rings and slide... its VERY nice.

Great design and the sucker really honks.

It was everything Jon and all his happy customers said it would be.

I keep it with me where ever I go now.

I will be ordering another flute from him I can promise that. Next one in wood.
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

hi Saws nots traitor now that yous each from Sweden. Self able warmly rekomendera M &E- flute. They is in class with instrument as am costing much more. They is nots they vackraste flöjterna as find , the able self hold with if , but they am acting exceedingly good , moreover is they in the closest oförstörbara. I have herself act M &E flute in several year , so self able walk in good both for instrument , and Michael as do flöjterna is a yak nice spot as really do all for that customers ska become content. Jon C do also almighty good flute and he is also almighty schysst that have to do with. His flute is few more fine , but am costing enough a little more and yous maybe sheep wait any month on that poll home the. But him tin you take consort with on forumet if you will had more insert.
A really poor online translation... but I think its the gist of it.

Not quite sure what sheep have to do with this though :D
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

.... or the yak.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Tweeto

Post by Tweeto »

Aanvil wrote:
hi Saws nots traitor now that yous each from Sweden. Self able warmly rekomendera M &E- flute. They is in class with instrument as am costing much more. They is nots they vackraste flöjterna as find , the able self hold with if , but they am acting exceedingly good , moreover is they in the closest oförstörbara. I have herself act M &E flute in several year , so self able walk in good both for instrument , and Michael as do flöjterna is a yak nice spot as really do all for that customers ska become content. Jon C do also almighty good flute and he is also almighty schysst that have to do with. His flute is few more fine , but am costing enough a little more and yous maybe sheep wait any month on that poll home the. But him tin you take consort with on forumet if you will had more insert.
A really poor online translation... but I think its the gist of it.

Not quite sure what sheep have to do with this though :D
It always comes to a comparaitve analogy of sheep & yaks when discussing flute types. You should know that by now :)
Check out: Folding@Home!
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

"His trembling fingers tore through the thin silk that
barely covered her heaving..."
What's a sheep doing wearing silk?
Depraved, but interesting from a zoologicall
perspective.
How does the yak fit into this?
Henke

Post by Henke »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I laughed til my stomach aced when I read that translation. Good one!

Okay, I'll provide my own short translation:
Didn't see until now that you were a Swede.
I can recommend M&E flutes. They are on par with instruments that cost a lot more. They're not the most beautiful, but they work incredibly well and they are close to indestructible.
I've been playing M&E myself for several years, so I can speak for both the instruments and the customer service.

Jon C's also makes great flutes and he's also a very nice fellow to deal with. His flutes are more refined, but they probably cost a little more and you might have to wait an aditional month or so to get one. But you will have to contact him for all the details as I'm not sure myself. He can be reached here on the forum.
Jens_Hoppe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

Nah, from an entertainment perspective, the first translation was much better. :)