F.S. - Restored Peloubet 4-key $500

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Sillydill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

F.S. - Restored Peloubet 4-key $500

Post by Sillydill »

Might be a bad case of the stupids here! :really: I've decided to pass along the Peloubet flute that was restored by Jon C. Here's a picture of her:

She is very articulate and has a surprisingly strong tone! But I'm trying hard not to become a collector. The flute is made of Rosewood with Ivory rings, 4 silver keys and a fully lined head. This is an American made flute from circa. 1830. Jon did an exceptional job of restoring this flute, the repairs are sturdy and very inconspicuous. The case is oak and was handmade by Jon C. (his first case). I'll sell the flute and case for $500 (postage included) what I paid Jon.

I can't use the Bb key with my squat fingers and the G# is challenging. So I figure it's not the keyed flute for me. Here's a small picture of my left hand:

Trades will be considered!

Please respond via PM.

All the Best!

Jordan
Sillydill

Post by Sillydill »

In response to questions:

YES! This flute will play at A = 440 and can tune a bit sharper yet.

The intonation is pretty good, better than some popular contemporary makers.

The flute seems very stable, Jon did a very good job of repairing and I deem the flute capable or regular use, when proper care is excercised (swabbing out after playing, periodic oiling and keeping reasonably humidified).

The flute is rather petite, I just have very squat fingers.

Thanks for your consideration!

Jordan
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Just to say that you can get more room (or your buyer can)
by fabricating a piece of clear plastic tube (or doubling two
pieces if you wish more room) so that it makes a cushion for your left hand.
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

bump
Jon C.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Charles Peloubet
Would you buy a flute form this gentleman? :boggle:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Jon C.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Jon C. wrote:Image
Charles Peloubet
Would you buy a flute from this gentleman? :boggle:
I am reluctant to give a review of this flute... "Very responsive" would be a good word to describe the flute. I think it is made of Cocuswood.
It was made in Bloomfield, New York.
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Err, have you made any "improvements" to this flute, Dill?
Sillydill

Post by Sillydill »

Dear Lambchop,

All I did was add a doublebarrel holly, port the head, threw in a set of Weisco jugs and a highlift cam, lightened the flywheel, clamped on some competition headers and glass packs. . . . .Man she really screams now!

Oh Wait! We’re talkin flutes here.

Oh, then all I did was clean and oil her. I guess you could say this is an "un-improved" flute.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Jon,

I would definitely say Mr. Peloubets flute has aged better than he has! :lol:

Pertaining to wood type, I have little experience, Jon should know better than I.

All the Best!

Jordan
Blackbeer

Post by Blackbeer »

Your a better man then I am Jordan. Good comeback. By the way I agree with Jon C it looks like cocus to me when I set it next to my Barnett.

Take care

Tom