A study of some nice old flutes

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Blackwood

Post by Blackwood »

Matt,
if you think he is naive just look at his ebay profile history. He's been selling lots of flutes..he is not naive about selling flutes.I may of course be wrong and this particular lot is not his, but maybe it's just highly coincidental that the website was created around the exact time he created his chiff and fibble ID....
andrewK

Post by andrewK »

Of course, if Mr Glinjack were anything to do with the mystery buyers / sellers he should be strung up by the thumbs and .....

Are you, Mr Glinjack ?
Matt_Paris

Post by Matt_Paris »

Well Blackwood,

You may be right... But I always try to avoid becoming nasty unless I'm really sure...

So you're not Matt Molloy, I read his flute was from 1861 :wink:
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Bear in mind, folks, that "glinjack" is the eBay ID of a long-time seller of old flutes, so, yes, it is highly probable that the first post of this thread was an advertisement. Bear in mind also that glinjack sold me a flute on eBay that he insisted had no cracks, but it had 4 old cracks, one of them open at least 2mm. When I revealed it in his feedback, he banned me from bidding on his auctions (no problem for me) and left me a negative feedback. Somehow, years later, he worked something out with eBay and the feedbacks disappeared. I'm not sure how he did that.

Of course, glinjack is not the only participant in this thread to have sold a cracked flute as un-cracked.
~JessieD
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

JessieK wrote:Bear in mind, folks, that "glinjack" is the eBay ID of a long-time seller of old flutes, so, yes, it is highly probable that the first post of this thread was an advertisement. Bear in mind also that glinjack sold me a flute on eBay that he insisted had no cracks, but it had 4 old cracks, one of them open at least 2mm. When I revealed it in his feedback, he banned me from bidding on his auctions (no problem for me) and left me a negative feedback. Somehow, years later, he worked something out with eBay and the feedbacks disappeared. I'm not sure how he did that.

Of course, glinjack is not the only participant in this thread to have sold a cracked flute as un-cracked.
Hello Jessie,
Sure i remember you, Im sure you recall that when i asked you to return the flute and get your money back you said " i like this old flute and i have no intention of returning it" after all you are living only about 18 or 20 miles from me right, (your in Pinebush ny) you were selling flutes around that time also , mostly new flutes, I was always wondering why you changed your name on Ebay after that to (2driscolls), I noticed your are trying to sell a bunch of flute items now on this flute forum,
have a good one.
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

Hi
When i was a young lad growing up in north kerry, Ireland i always wanted to get my hands on a tin whistle, i was continously exposed to traditional music as my father played flute, well i remember one Christmas i got up early in the morning to check what i got from santa and i was happy enough to find an orange and an apple in my stocking, Later that day i rambled down to my friends house to see what he got for christmas and i could'nt believe my eyes when i saw him with a Clarke tin whistle, he actually let me sound it and then took it back, i started to feel bad and had a slight pain in my head so i ran home and the headache continued untill the next day, so my mother took me to the local doctor who had all kinds of remedies for what ales you, but he turned to my mother and said "im afraid i have no cure for whats wrong with this young fello, its a case of pure Jealousy and it will have to ware away by itself, I learned a lesson way back then and a couple of years ago when my neighbour here in putnam county won a large amount of money in the lotto, i felt good about it and celebrated on that ocasion with him,
We are all neighbours in this world even though some of us are living further apart and i have a strong belief that if we have nothing good to say
about our friends or neighbours then dont say it.
All the best, and may you all have a safe and happy journey through life.
Byron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Byron »

Glinjack,

The objections raised by others are valid: The flutes seem overpriced and a website with no "real world" contact is immediately suspect. To my mind, you have not adequately addressed the apparent commercial nature of you presense.

You should know that we are flute players on this board and excessive "profit taking" is frowned upon (especially when so many are having to sell flutes they'd rather keep).

And as for Jessie, she's known and respected around here, so guess who's voice is carrying.

Peace,
Byron
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

Hi Byron,
Nobody is twisting your arm or mine to buy these flutes,thats the way i feel about it, one does not have to buy anything they dont like,
Also i have lots of respect for Jessie and would expect the same in return,
Have a happy day.
David Levine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Glinjack is John McAuliffe?

Post by David Levine »

This all started because "Glinjack" directed us to a site developed by John McAuliffe. GJ neither confirmed nor denied his identity as the owner of the site, i.e., as John McA. Of course GJ doesn't *have* to identify himself as such, but to dissemble and to pretend to have no connection is in poor taste.
I see nothing wrong with his having directed us to the site, even if it were his own. We are all -- presumably -- adults and are well able to decide whether or not to support him or to buy his flutes. The issue isn't whether or not he can direct us to the flute site "The Heather Breeze", but rather, why he would pretend not to be associated with the site. Why not just say, as Doc Jones, Blain Chastain, even as does the noted Dr. McGee, "I have this site...." and let it go at that?
It is most peculiar, especially since many of us do feel free to buy and sell on C&F. I think Dale likes the idea of having the market mixed in with the commentary. I know I do.
I also distrust those who are fulsome in their own praise.
And those who know me know that David Levine isn't my real name.
Last edited by David Levine on Sun May 01, 2005 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time will tell who has fell and who's been left behind,
Most likely you'll go your way, I'll go mine.
Blackwood

Post by Blackwood »

Glinjack says he lives in New York state.

Heather Breeze is registered in New York as well:

Domain: heatherbreeze.com

M McAuliffe
ardagh
ardagh@rcn.com
PO Box 810
Carmel, NY 10512 US

Coincidence?
andrewK

Post by andrewK »

Any site which does not identify itself but asks visitors to give details of items they might sell looks like a front for house breakers.

How is a customer to give them repairs to do if even the continent they are on is not identified, let alone an address given ?

I think you should come clean Mr Glinjack, seeing as you have raised doubts on the matter, and tell us whether you are innocently and kindly just informing us quite impartially of these nice pictures, or whether you are in cahoots with the Purchasers / vendors if in fact they exist !
For all these good people ( and myself ) know there is nobody but you involved.
Then it would begin to look quite sinister.
I have an open mind on the subject, but you can easily close it one way or the other !
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

glinjack wrote:Im sure you recall that when i asked you to return the flute and get your money back you said " i like this old flute and i have no intention of returning it" after all you are living only about 18 or 20 miles from me right, (your in Pinebush ny)
I didn't want to return the cracked flute. I wanted you to admit that you had misled me. It wasn't a matter of money, but of character. You had stated that there were no cracks at all. It was an untruth. FYI, I did not live in Pine Bush at that time.
you were selling flutes around that time also , mostly new flutes,
Never as a business. I have been a passionate collector. Every now and then, I consolidate.
I was always wondering why you changed your name on Ebay after that to (2driscolls),
I changed my name because I got married and combined finances (and everything else) with my husband.
I noticed your are trying to sell a bunch of flute items now on this flute forum
Yes, and none of them are misrepresented.
~JessieD
cocusflute

Truth...

Post by cocusflute »

Don't nobody mess with Jessie.
The struggle in Palestine is an American war, waged from Israel, America's most heavily armed foreign base and client state. We don't think of the war in such terms. Its assigned role has been clear: the destruction of Arab culture and nationalism.
glinjack

Post by glinjack »

Hi,
It seems Sherlock Holmes and Watson would be totally outclassed here,
Anyway lets see some more photos of flutes here, would be nice to see some Prattens and Rudalls.
All the best.
andrewK

Post by andrewK »

It doesn't need Sherlock Holmes, Mr Glinjack.
It need you being honest, not nearly so glib and answering a simple question.
Do you have any personal involvement in the dicky website you have promoted ?
If an answer is not forthcoming perhaps your local trading standards people could be asked for assistance.

You are beginning to look like a very dodgy character. I hope I am wrong !
An Irish background is NO excuse.
This silly business is annoying me now !!!