Anybody going to Boxwood?

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
AdrienneB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just returning after a long absence to update a profile that's too old to be served a kids' meal. :)

Post by AdrienneB »

Is anybody else on the Chiff & Fipple forum planning to go to the Boxwood Festival in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia at the end of July? If so, please send me a message; see you there.

And for that matter, what other plans might ya'll have for musical fun and/or learning this summer?

Adrienne Bengtson
(the whistler formerly known as adrienneiii)
LKtz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by LKtz »

I just got back from a week long music camp. It's called the Teen Celtic Music Camp. It was great. This is how I actually got introduced to playing celtic music, I had always loved listening but I had never though of playing it. But then I went to this camp. Now I can't seem to stop playing, much to the anyoences to my family. LOL
AdrienneB
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just returning after a long absence to update a profile that's too old to be served a kids' meal. :)

Post by AdrienneB »

Interesting that you mentioned that it was a teen music camp. My (then) 14-year-old daughter got me back into playing Celtic music when she announced that she was interested in Scottish country dancing.

And while I'm at Boxwood, she will be with friends at a fiddle camp.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. (:

Adrienne
LKtz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by LKtz »

That's funny. How I found the Celtic Music Camp is I was looking for an Irish Dance Camp around my area because I do Irish Step Dance. I did not find one. But I found the celtic music camp instead and the rest is history ;0)