Arie De Keyser Boxwood flute

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
svick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Arie De Keyser Boxwood flute

Post by svick »

For Sale. Arie De Keyser boxwood 4 piece flute in perfect condition.+ wooden case. I bought this for my daughter and She hardly touched it. Please email me at svick@iol.ie for photos. 300 euro .no offers thanks.
Toonboog
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Arie De Keyser Boxwood flute

Post by Toonboog »

I contacted Stephen and got a quick response.
Waiting for more pics now.

Since I can't go and see the flute myself, I hope that anyone on the board can give his or her opinion on the quality of flutes by Arie de Keyzer.

I play a Eugene Lambe flute now which is nice to play, but the tuning is very high. I must pull out the tuningslide about 1,5 centimeter, which leaves the tuning in between the notes a bit off.
So I'm looking for a better flute for playing together with other musicians.
I looked at the Martin Doyle flut, but that's still a lot of money for me right now.

Hope anyone can add to my thoughts.
ScottMaurer

Post by ScottMaurer »

The one I played was in tune with itself and had a pretty sound. The low D and E were touchy though, a little hard to get, it required more embouchure adjustment than I was used to. Not the most powerful flute either so if you like a very strong tooter this one is likely not for you. Though, its not the weakest either so it isn't shy either.

I have found that most handmade flutes even if made to be the same or similar often have different playing characteristics and quirks though. SO, you may have a very different impression of the instrument in question.
eilam

Post by eilam »

i had one and loved it. it was in rosewood.....great flute.
Uni Flute

Post by Uni Flute »

I have had the opportunity to play two Arie De Keyser flutes, and found them both to be very good players. One was around ten years old and was of the Pratten design. I found it played very confidently with a strong and reedy tone. The second De Keyser flute was another Pratten, but was made more recently. This flute had a slightly slimmer outer profile, slightly smaller toneholes and also had a partially lined headjoint. This flute was slightly easier to play than the first flute, and seemed like a more refined version of the first instrument. I found that the earlier flute could be pushed harder and sounded slightly reedier to the ear. These two instruments were quite different from one another, but I liked them both equally and I liked them both greatly.
svick

Post by svick »

Flute sold,thanks to all who contacted me.
acolmanj
Tell us something.: Hi, Im a trad flute player drom Dublin. Want to chat to others and maybe sell an old flute i have. My favourite reel is the otters holt. I also play the guitar.

Post by acolmanj »

I know the flute is sold, but for what it is worth, ive been playing an african blackwood made three years ago from Arie de Keyser, and really like it. I came from a classical background, and the ability tonplay the third register was nice. Very tuneful and sweet tone.