Digital Download Available for the Long Hard Road

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
mcelvogue
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Digital Download Available for the Long Hard Road

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi,
I've received a few enquiries over the last month regarding where my CD can be purchased and so to let anyone interested know, I thought I'd mention here that it is now available as download only from http://www.karentweed.com/product/tom-m ... d-digital/. A snip at 10 euros :)

Regards,
Tom
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Digital Download Available for the Long Hard Road

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Serendipity! I was just listening to my copy this weekend (it came up on shuffle), and was thinking how great it is, and wondering how you're doing, 'cos it's been a while since we've heard from you. :-) Happy news. For folks who are newish to the board ... there is some *seriously* top-notch flute playing on this recording, as good as any you'll find anywhere.

(And I'm not just saying that)
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Thanks you very much Cathy! I'm now living in the land of Flute players - County Roscommon. I've been incapacitated recently (since January) in terms of my playing due to compressed nerves in my neck and now carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists but I'm happy to say I've been out playing the last few months and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

It really takes its toll getting back into playing but I'm sure with the Sligo fleadh just around the corner and lots of local sessions with some fantastic musicians, things are looking good. I can't speak highly enough of the Holmes-McNaughton D flute I'm playing and I'm hoping to be able to put some video clips up soon showing some more recent playing and possibly a few new (old) tunes from Roscommon.

Who knows, there might even be a new recording on the horizon ?

All the best,
Tom
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

mcelvogue wrote:Thanks you very much Cathy! I'm now living in the land of Flute players - County Roscommon. I've been incapacitated recently (since January) in terms of my playing due to compressed nerves in my neck and now carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists but I'm happy to say I've been out playing the last few months and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

It really takes its toll getting back into playing but I'm sure with the Sligo fleadh just around the corner and lots of local sessions with some fantastic musicians, things are looking good. I can't speak highly enough of the Holmes-McNaughton D flute I'm playing and I'm hoping to be able to put some video clips up soon showing some more recent playing and possibly a few new (old) tunes from Roscommon.

Who knows, there might even be a new recording on the horizon ?

All the best,
Tom
Really sorry to hear of your troubles Tom, especially if they've stopped you playing. Your playing has been - and continues to be - an inspiration, so I'm really pleased you're back into it. :-)
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Thanks very much for your kind words Ben. I think the next few weeks will certainly test my powers of recovery and no better way to test them than a fleadh or three!

All the best,
Tom
Ketil

Post by Ketil »

The thrush in the storm set alone is worth the price!! Fantastic album! Thanks!
Ketil, Norway
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

....and Thank You Ketil! So Glad you liked the Thrush in the Storm track. It has to be one of my favourites too and the one where Paddy lets fly the most on the album.

All the best,
Tom
mgpiper

Post by mgpiper »

I also recommend this CD - I just put it in the rotation to listen at work - wonderful playing! Hope your playing troubles are all gone now, Tom!
mcelvogue

Post by mcelvogue »

Hi mgpiper, thanks for the kind words. The Sligo fleadh hasn't helped with the hands but it was very good to be out enjoying some monster sessions again!
2T00TS

Post by 2T00TS »

Got the CD. from Claddagh Records, and found it a joy to listen to - fresh and uncluttered with some great playing from both musicians. From the sound of things, Norman Holmes should take a bow too. Special applause for the terrific playing on the Bb.
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Some real lovely playing on that album. I've had it on regular rotation for a good while now! :thumbsup:
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

2T00TS wrote:Got the CD. from Claddagh Records, and found it a joy to listen to - fresh and uncluttered with some great playing from both musicians. From the sound of things, Norman Holmes should take a bow too. Special applause for the terrific playing on the Bb.
I don't think the Bb was made by Norman Holmes.
2T00TS

Post by 2T00TS »

" I don't think the Bb was made by Norman Holmes. " - If you read the message you will see this is not implied. I referred to "playing" not "making" on the Bb.
Chris Wilkes takes that accolade. Norman Holmes is credited as the ( sound ) Engineer.
Holmes

Post by Holmes »

Correct 2Toots, I can't take credit for the rather wonderful Wilkes Bb on this recording.

(Edit as the rest of my post will appear as a separate post topic)

H
https://soundcloud.com/holmesflute/sets/holmes-flute
Save your hot air for blowing down your flute