Touring flute in Europe

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
maracirac
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by maracirac »

hi jon! where are some of your flutes now?
marin
Flutered
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Flutered »

I understand that Vanessa fell in love with one and that ended it's travels :)
We haven't heard from Vanessa in ages - I do hope she is OK.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

I believe Vanessa is OK, but I haven't heard anything lately either-but her computer died a little while back, and she didn't have access to the forum.

But, if you have a good flute, and you are in love...who needs the internet?!!!

Happy Valentines Day to all the fluters and their true loves! :love:
~~~~
Barry
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Hi,
I was just wondering who has the Cocobolo traveling flute?
If you have it under your bed, let me know... :poke: :poke:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
onkel

Post by onkel »

I still have it, sorry sorry sorry!!! Live has become too busy here. I haven't even played it for weeks... I'll send it to your man in Belgium this week, big promise!
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

onkel wrote:I still have it, sorry sorry sorry!!! Live has become too busy here. I haven't even played it for weeks... I'll send it to your man in Belgium this week, big promise!
Your obsolved, sin no more... :poke:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Aanvil

Post by Aanvil »

Jon C. wrote:
onkel wrote:I still have it, sorry sorry sorry!!! Live has become too busy here. I haven't even played it for weeks... I'll send it to your man in Belgium this week, big promise!
Your obsolved, sin no more... :poke:

Hmmm... I didn't know you guys could do that absolving thing too.

To think of all the years I wasted in the confessional. Sheesh!

:P
Aanvil

-------------------------------------------------

I am not an expert
Frederik Meesters

Post by Frederik Meesters »

I received this beautiful flute two days ago.
What an amazing instrument! :)

It's a bit unclear to me how long i may keep it and to who i have to sent it ...
I e-mailed some days ago but have no answer Yet.
Jon C.

Post by Jon C. »

Frederik Meesters wrote:I received this beautiful flute two days ago.

It's a bit unclear to me how long i may keep it and to who i have to sent it ...
I know the flute maker is a little flakey, I have been having trouble with him for years! :boggle:
You can keep it for a couple of weeks and then I will figure out who is next.
Michael Flatley

Jon
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Jon C. wrote:
Frederik Meesters wrote:I received this beautiful flute two days ago.

I know the flute maker is a little flakey, I have been having trouble with him for years! :boggle:
You can keep it for a couple of weeks and then I will figure out who is next.
Please let it be me *fingers crossed*... Denmark's is right round the corner :D
maracirac

Post by maracirac »

well jon, maybe is good for flute to come to croatia after belgium.here is start swiming season, so in that case flute wouldn't be dry!
marin
vanessa

Post by vanessa »

Flutered wrote:I understand that Vanessa fell in love with one and that ended it's travels :)
We haven't heard from Vanessa in ages - I do hope she is OK.
"Mea culpa"... yep, I fell so in love with the blackwood touring flute :love: that Jon took pity on me and so kindly allowed me to purchase this particular flute from him :D. So my deepest apologies to anyone who didn't get the chance to try out this fantastic flute. Not sure if Jon is sending on another blackwood Rudall in its place - I never asked for fear he'd change his mind about giving me the blackwood flute :oops: .

And yes it has been ages since I posted - got caught up in a heap of health problems - both my husband and I had surgery. Also, my carpal tunnel condition worsened - sadly put a stop to taking lessons for the time being. As it is I'm playing only for short periods of time and I'm very grateful for Jon's flutes (yes, flutes - got a delrin Rudall too - greedy me :devil: ) which are easy on the hand and a joy to play. Now I'm waiting for more tests and hope to get my hands fixed through surgery - my consultant tells me the success rate is high.

My carpal tunnel condition also restricts my use of the keyboard ie typing makes it worse, hence it's kinda quiet on my side :cry:

Hope that explains things :oops:

Warm regards and a big thank you for your concern :) ,

Vanessa
maracirac

Post by maracirac »

Mea culpa"... yep, I fell so in love with the blackwood touring flute that Jon took pity on me and so kindly allowed me to purchase this particular flute from him . So my deepest apologies to anyone who didn't get the chance to try out this fantastic flute. Not sure if Jon is sending on another blackwood Rudall in its place - I never asked for fear he'd change his mind about giving me the blackwood flute .
i don't want to be rude, but i think that wasn't be very moral from your side, and especially we ( who still waiting in vain...) don't need those superlatives about 'fantastic' flute wich we never be able to try on freely basis... thanks to you and some other members who kept flute more that 3 weeks as jon suggested, so we still waiting in vain (i am on that list since juni 2006.)
also, now it lose meaning as 'touring flute', because i suppose that jon's intention wasn't be to sold someone those flutes, but to introduce as with his work and help us to decide will we want to order his flute...
so, as you said.... word greedy comes to my mind.
sorry, i must write all this to reliefe my mind ,and again please don't take it personally.

regards, marin
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Frederik - you sent me a PM on Wed Apr 11, asking for my address, saying that you would send the flute to me next. Is that still on - do you know? Can't wait to try it out...

Best wishes,
Brian
hans
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Post by hans »

It would be a shame if the concept of a "touring flute" has died with this episode. I hope Jon can send out another one. I suggest for Jon to stipulate for anyone on the list to try the flute for no more than seven days, then send it on to the next person. And let no one be tempted to keep it longer, or for good! If you do that Jon, then please put me on the list as well. Would be great to try your flute, and introduce it not just to myself but a couple of other flute players here in Northern Scotland as well.

~Hans