FS: Good Home Wanted for Seery Delrin Flute - sold:)

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
vanessa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Good Home Wanted for Seery Delrin Flute - sold:)

Post by vanessa »

Hi All :)

With a heavy heart I've made the decision to give up my Seery Delrin flute for adoption :( in order to raise funds to purchase one of Jon C's Blackwood Rudalls (see my post in thread on 'touring flute' http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... 46c4aa66b9).

My husband bought this flute for me as a very special gift about six months ago and ever since I've used it to take it to the woods and to the sea - it has seen many beautiful sunrises and many moonlit nights and hence is the bearer of many happy memories :) .

This is the reason why I would like to find a really good home for it - someone who will take good care of it and play it - someone who'll really appreciate it for the great flute it is :) .

What can I say - the flute is in perfect condition - no scratches, no marks - the only thing that happened after about three months is that the thread-bound joint that slots into the head piece is a tiny little bit on the loose side as the thread has compressed (I usually left it assembled at all times so I could snatch a tune here and there during the day) but it's not loose enough for me to use teflon tape - still I thought I'd mention it.

Adoption fees: I was hoping for 350 Euros and I'll cover shipping. (as you know they are selling new between 420 - 450 Euros)

Anyone interested in giving my flutie friend a good home, please pm me.

Vanessa

PS The flutie friend comes with the original black padded Seery pouch - it has three compartments to fit all the pieces and the zipped pouch has a very handy shoulder strap.

PPS Edit to include link to discussion to make it easier so people get an idea why I'm parting with this lovely flute in an attempt to raise money for a flute from Jon C.
Last edited by vanessa on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
vanessa

PS

Post by vanessa »

Sorry, I forgot to add that although I have mentioned a guide price that I'm not inflexible and open to reasonable offers.
greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Hi Vanessa,

Well, Jon's flute seems to have made quite an impression on you! I know how that is!

I do understand how hard it is to let go of your Seery, too-I didn't want to do it either, and I didn't have a sentimental attachment to it, it was just a really nice flute.

When I become Mr Moneybags, I'll have to get another, just to have for the convenience (and the Seery tone!) of having a Delrin flute around, that sounds that good. They are definitely worth the money, in my opinion.
~~~~
Barry
vanessa

Post by vanessa »

Yep, greenspiderweb... Jon C's flute... the story of Jon's flute... I wouldn't have believed it if you told me that I would find myself in this situation... so, boy, am I glad I put my name down for his touring flute :D - what a jewel it is amongst flutes, and I consider myself lucky that it is still so reasonably priced so even someone like me whose of little means can have access to such an incredible instrument...

... and re my Seery... yep, I find it tough to let it go :( ... really, really tough :cry: especially since this flute has helped me so much in building my embouchure... when I got the Seery my playing improved re my Hammy... and nothing beats a good delrin... also it's perfect for leaving assembled so one can snatch tunes throughout the day.... so my Seery was a real luxury :) ... and also since I'm someone who enjoys playing outdoors, this flute gave me a lot of freedom because I didn't have to worry about fluctuating temperatures and humidity:)... so I know being without my Seery will strip me of many of those priviledges but my reasoning was that since winter is approaching, I would probably play it less outside at the moment, and I'm hoping that next year, come spring/summer, I might have saved up enough money to buy another delrin - I really would like one of Jon C's Delrin Rudalls to match the blackwood one I'm purchasing from him so I can keep my embouchure consistent... anyhow I have no doubt his delrins are as good as his wooden flutes so it would be a real treat :)
Last edited by vanessa on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
doogieman

Post by doogieman »

I too moved from a Seery Delrin to a Cochran Flute. This should be a smooth move, an easy transition and a nice step up. John's flute has been really nice to play
I was able to keep my Seery as my spare and "play on the beach or in the woods" flute.
2 Blessed 2B Stressed
flutefry
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Pipes have become my main instrument, but I still play the flute. I have emerged from the "instrument acquisition" phase, and am now down to one full set of pipes (Gordon Galloway), and one flute (Hudson Siccama).

Post by flutefry »

Just like to add a plug for a Jon C delrin flute. I have a large-holed Rudall copy that plays very well. It's nice to have a good quality practise flute. I am going this weekend to the desert, and don't want to take my Aebi, but it's nice to know I can usefully practice on my John C.

Hugh
I thought I had no talent, but my talent is to persist anyway.
vanessa

Post by vanessa »

Would I be overdoing a bit if I follow doggieman and flutefry and add yet another plug for Jon C's flutes delrin and otherwise in my own thread where I'm trying to sell my Seery :lol: .... hahaha... or is it called shooting myself in my own leg... :lol:
vanessa

Post by vanessa »

Hi All :)

Just wanted to let everyone know that my Seery has found a really good home - it's going to France and will be living on a boat :) so it won't have to miss out on the outdoors :)

I'm very happy I have found the right person :)

Also, may I express my thanks to all those who pm-ed me and shown an interest in my flute - I must say there are some really nice people out there, and also I would like to thank greenspiderweb for resurrecting this thread when it was moving further down and down on the board :)

Warm regards :) ,

Vanessa
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

:) :) :)

Glad you found it a good home, and you are that much closer to your true love! :party:
~~~~
Barry
vanessa

Post by vanessa »

Thanks, Barry, and I'm very happy to make it official - I have placed my order with Jon C :)
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

You won't be sorry Vanessa. Jon's a peach. :)

If he were twins he coud be a pear.

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Doc Jones wrote:You won't be sorry Vanessa. Jon's a peach. :)

Doc
And a big raspberry to you, Doc :P
vanessa

Post by vanessa »

DCrom wrote:
Doc Jones wrote:You won't be sorry Vanessa. Jon's a peach. :)

Doc
And a big raspberry to you, Doc :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BrianR

Post by BrianR »

Seems like a good moment for a newbie to this forum to say hi! - I'm the new guardian of Vanessa's Seery and a convert from a silver flute...

Given the level of humour, I think I could feel quite at home here...

Brian.
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

Welcome, Brian, and thank you for helping me keep my finances intact. :lol:
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde