Tune Ornamentation

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Berti66
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Berti66 »

the transcriptions on rogermillington.com would be exactly fit into my idea of how to do this, and I think it would be nice to have a look into how others ornament tunes.

but that doesn't mean, that we have to write all the things down ourselves.
someone could post the "bare tune" say as hyperlink somewhere from the net (say thesession.org for example) and then comment on which bars he does ornaments on which notes.
no need to write everything down, just say...on bar 4, I do short/ long roll/ cut/ whatever slide on the e note.
that way everybody gets the idea and can try the ideas out for themselves.

but something like "whistlethis.com" for flutes would be nice too, though more complicated than just starting a discussion :)

cheers
berti
treeshark

Post by treeshark »

nitterwhiskers wrote:I'd like to put forward a tune for the treatment. It's a simple jig called rose among the heather.
A good guide for this is to buy Margaret and Michael Dwyer "Na Daoine ata Imithe" to order email O.theo@oceanfree.net or
http://www.custysmusic.com/

It's played on the whistle and is easy to work out what's going on, you also get a great whistle cd!
nitterwhiskers

Post by nitterwhiskers »

Thanks I'll check that out - I've been listening to the version recorded by Stockton's Wing on their Crooked Rose album.